Thursday, August 25, 2005

Kalispera - off to Greece and other Misc. things.

Right so this shall be my last post for a few days - I'm off to Athens, Greece this afternoon! The beauty of working for an airline is free flight benefits, of course the down side to working for an airline is yearly pay cuts (ugh). We joke "you can get to a city, but you can't actually stay there." It's a short jaunt of two days and than my co-worker and I will try to skip over to London for a day (cause I love that city and always like to visit if I'm in the neigborhood re: Europe).

But before I go, some misc. things I wanted to post. If you were as outraged as I was about Pat
Robertson's comments (very Christian of you, by the way, Pat), go over to abc family and let them know - they air the 700 Club (which is sad, cause I like ABC family movies, yes they are cheesy but they always end up happy).
http://abcfamily.go.com/feedback/index.html

Will be participating in Missing Monday - but might need some help figuring out how to post picture. Also, would it be better if I post the same missing person as everyone else? I imagine the mass rally by bloggers for Latoyia helped gain media attention. Should we follow that model?

Finally as a moderate Muslim I must recommend a book I just read that was very good - giving such an enlightened education behind my faith. It's called No God But God, by Reza Aslan. He's a kid like me, first generation American, but from Iran. I found the book refreshing, explaining the history and philosophy of Islam and what form of that religion is practiced today (how it was shaped that way). I think the book would be a great way to introduce those who have never had exposure to my faith, minus the biased American news media, to Islam. It is a pretty easy read - I finished it in about a week.

Have a good weekend everyone! See you next week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Gal said...

No mom doesn't know, cause we are flying stand-by, so we its 50/50 if we get to London. I'll just call from wherever we end up.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, sweetpea.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Have a safe trip, and just email me and I'll walk you through Missing Monday (it's not until September 5th - Labor Day) ... and thanks for the book suggestion.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Greek mens! Mmmmmm......

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*holds Tony down and applies chastity belt and blindfold then ties hands behind his back*

Hmmm. That looks quite sexy.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

Funny, we just got that book from Barnes and Noble - my husband is going to read it first . . . we saw Mr. Aslan on The Daily Show and just had to get the book.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home