Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Life in Indonesia

Life in Indonesia continues to get interesting, they found a python in the parking garage here at the office. Needless to say I was not amused, the good thing is that I don't drive around here so I've never been in the garage and now with my death fear of snakes, will never go down there! 

We have been getting earthquakes nearly daily, but as the locals seem completely unfazed, it must not be something unusual. As they say, Indonesia is in the ring of fire (and here I thought that was just a Johnny Cash song, ha ha). 

Otherwise, nothing else too exciting, its weird to know that its fall in D.C. over here we are hitting monsoon season and the weather remains hot. Last Friday we had a torrential downpour, which wouldn't have been so bad except that the roads in Jakarta flood immediately and I had to miss my book club meeting because I couldn't even get a mile down the road (traffic came to a complete standstill). I was totally bummed as I was so excited to read my book. Thankfully, the next book club meeting will be in my building, so no chance of missing it (ha ha). 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home