Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Athens, Greece - wish I had more time!

So back from Athens - it was lovely!!! Got out on Thursday evening (flew Olympic Airlines - no comment, since they were free tickets). Spent Friday and Saturday exploring the city. I must say it is a gorgeous and affordable European location, really more Americans should be going here! Everyone was so friendly, at one point Myra (my friend) and I were looking at our city map in the Metro, totally lost, and this girl came up and helped us find our way.
Visited all the big sites, Acropolis, Roman Aggora, Ancient Aggora, old Olympic stadium, temple of Zeus and of course the Plaka (where you go to shop!!). The weather was perfect, reminded me actually a bit of India and increased my yearning to go back for a trip to see all of my family (its been two years since I last went). My only regret about Athens - not enough time, I wish I had been able to go to an island, the water around Athens looked so beautiful, two days was not enough time!
Trip getting back was a nightmare, will try to post about that tomorrow...but feeling a bit blue today, found out a co-worker of mine died over the weekend (he was in hospice) and than another co-worker of mine told me "You'll never get married." Sigh - Tuesday turning out crappy, think I'll go home and watch my Vicar of Dibley DVD's.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I'm so glad you had a good time in Greece. Did you get to kiss any greecy boys? Tell all!!!

Sorry 'bout your co-worker. :-( **HUG***

Hey, you tell your co-worker to go to hell, 'cuz if you and I ain't married by the time were pushing 60, WE will get married and live in a cult-ish commune with Rose, Pax, Snicks and everyone else.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

PS- I love Vicar of Dibley and your interview is ready at my blog.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Tony - if I'm not married by 60, I think in India they throw me into a volcano, hee hee. But I'll hold you to that offer (cult commune).

8:21 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

So sorry about your co-worker who passed away, my condolences.

I want to smack the other co-worker in the head. What is wrong with people? Don't worry, someone will appear in your life when you least expect it . . . at least that happened in my case.

Mr. Random and I are big "Vicar" fans - how cool that you have the DVDs. If you also have "Coupling" and "Cold Feet" DVDs, I will consider you a goddess of British TV shows. :-)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home