Monday, October 19, 2009

Boy when it rains...it pours!

Thank you to everyone for their kind words about our first fight. Its all over now and we are working on the relationship. It definitely is the HARDEST job I have ever had, I tip my hat to all of you who have made it work. I can't even begin to tell you how I have moments, nearly every day, when I just want to flee. Being single is so much easier, with that, I'm my own boss, I can do my own thing, its my innate selfishness, I think.

I find my depression has really kicked in, but as darling Molly pointed out. I am dealing with two major stresses in my life right now so depression is to be expected:
1. Getting married
2. Moving to a new place

In a twist, I also am struggling to find a job, so let us please add that stress:
3. Trying to find a job

oh and my grandfather, who I am very close to, is dying:
4. Close family death

Right....if anyone has any ideas how I can stop from having a complete mental health melt down, do let me know - tak!

For now I'm going to post some happy stuff that makes me laugh or smile.





"English, who needs that? I'm never going to England."
Simpsons quotes by, Homer J Simpson.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Hang in there even though the stress for you right now is more than most could bear. Smile a lot even when you don't feel like it.

Can we see wedding pictures and pics of your new home?

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very nice to see you are trying to work on your relationship. As I am sure you know nothing worthwhile is free. This hard work will pay off, please be patient. All seasoned folks have spoken in your previous blog.

As far as the melt-down, please focus on the positive. Plan trips since you like to travel. Talk to your friends a lot, familair voices will be good for you. Take a look around and see if any other friends and family are in worse shape than you and get inspiration from them. You have only been there few weeks and the job market is really bad now. So no need to stress too much, that will happen soon. There is probably nothing you can do for your grandfather, just pray a lot for him and think and smile about the good times you were blessed to have had with him.

I am sure you can keep it together. I will be praying for you.

Austen

10:07 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

"happy stuff that makes you laugh or smile: seems like a good start. And cut yourself some serious slack - it's okay to grieve, okay to worry, okay to feel sad. You feel it, and let it go, as many tines as you need to.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Yes, I second Secret Agent Woman. Is your husband aware of the strain you feel from all of these things? Seems like a perfect time to turn to him for support and to allow him to help you to be strong. I'm sure there is some strength you can give to him, too. That's the kind of stuff that can build a relationship. Take a deep breath and remember that there will be good times ahead.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - I agree with Secret Agent Woman and Merci. Be gentle with yourself - you have so much going on just now.

Sending you hugs.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - thank you! I shall endeavor to smile more : )

Austen - thank you for the prayers!

Secret - thank you for saying its ok, because so many people say I shouldn't feel that way. Ugh.

Merci - No but I should let him know, you're right, good times ahead!

Kate - thank you dear, I love the hug.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home