Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Who would you invite to your birthday party?


I'm listening to BBC Asian Network at work (like I do everyday, its great combining two of my big loves, Bollywood music and England), anyway this post is not about my radio/streaming internet listening habits, but about the question they have posed on one of the shows I listen too...if you could invite anyone to your birthday, with the certainty they would come, who would it be?? And why would you be inviting them?

If I was having such a lavish party I would definitely invite all of my family and friends but for the big celebrity names here goes:
1. President and Mrs. Obama (I would love to just talk with him, he seems like such a great guy!).
2. New Kids On The Block (my favorite boy band!)
3. The Archbishop of Canterbury (because next to Islam, I love the Anglican church, plus I'm sure he would be great conversationalist).
4. Queen Margathe II of Denmark (duh, I love royalty).
5. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (my favorite ice dance couple).
6. Dawn French (the star of the Vicar of Dibley, hilarious!)
7. Jody Williams winner of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize (I am inspired by her).
8. JK Rowling (I must know more about my favorite characters from Harry Potter!)
9. Nathan Fillion (cause I'm crushing on him).
10. Prince William and Prince Harry (this goes without saying).

I've limited it to 10, because otherwise it just gets crazy, no?? Who would you invite??

11 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I'm not sure. I'd love to talk with the Obamas, too. And Jon Stewart. Thich Nhat Hahn, who I listened to at a retreat but didn't get to talk with. But I'd have to spend some time thinking about the rest. But you know, wouldn't it be cool to be able to magically transport your blogpals to your party? I'd love that.

6:25 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You're going to have the Vicar but not Alice? I think Alice would make a wonderful dinner companion, with all of the ideas she comes up with.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even express my excitement at seeing the Archbishop of Canterbury on your list. I totally love him - he's my hero! I think I would go all mushy and incoherent if I were ever in his presence. :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I think President and Mrs. Obama would be at the top of my list too.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

You love the Anglican Church?!? You never cease to amaze me!

Definitely Dawn French. She'd be so much fun - everyone would have a good time!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - oh Jon Stewart, good one!! yes a blog party would rock!

Joe - Aha! You are a Vicar fan as well!!! Yes Alice would be great, so would Owen, he cracks me up!

Kate - what are you talking about, of course you will get to meet him, the Archbishop of Canterbury! You will soon be a bigwig in the church as well!

Brenda - great minds think alike!

Merci - I hope cease to amaze you in a good way?? I think the Anglican church is very forward thinking and embodies a lot of what I think how spiritual people should live.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

ABSOLUTELY in a good way!!!

And I think I'd have to invite you, too. You have a fascinating life!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

In politics: The Obamas, Carter, McCain, Ron Paul, Kinky Friedman
In the world: Archbishop Tutu
In entertainment: Tina Fey, the creators of Mad Men and Battlestar
In real life: YOU!

... i think there's an equal chance of any of these people showing up.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous muebles tarragona said...

This can't succeed as a matter of fact, that is exactly what I believe.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home