Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Copenhagen Diet

Started exercising of late – its been more than a year and I must lose the baby weight! I hate exercising, just as I hate watching what I eat. I am the worse candidate for weight loss.

Prior to turning 25, I never had to exercise; I was blessed with great metabolism. I miss those days, when I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever. Sigh.

I was actually thinking, the best diet I’ve been on was when I wasn’t on a diet but living in Copenhagen, Denmark. At that time I was a poor student, couldn’t afford lavish groceries, food was rationed (I didn’t go hungry just kept proportions sensible) and I walked EVERYWHERE. But the way the city was laid out, walking everywhere was not a headache they way it seems to be here in America. I remember walking and enjoying myself. As for portions, so much better there in Europe, not the crazy huge things they give us over here, plus groceries over there were not cheap, which in a way is good, prohibits one from buying useless food. Here in America, do you find, the worse the food is for you the cheaper it is?? And there is so much bad stuff out there, good God, I have a heck of a time just getting through the bakery section in the grocery store!

I suppose its all about self-control and I’m trying to gain some - I want to get back to my old pre-pregnancy clothes. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Agent Woman said...

Good luck!

I agree that lifestyle makes a difference - it sounds like Copenhagen was just conducive to healthy eating and regular exercise.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - thank you!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home