Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy New Year

Sorry for being awol of late - work has me traveling, back to DC! I took baby with me and the grandparents were in love! Of course this meant limited access to a computer, so no blog posts.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's! Baby's birthday is coming up, I can't believe she is a year old! I keep asking her to stop growing but she won't listen. Can't she stay my little baby who adores her Momma forever??

Last weekend my parents threw a huge birthday bash for her (hey its her first and this is their first grandchild, they totally spoil her). I was thinking, instead of sending traditional thank you cards, sending Arizona postcards - what do you think? Is that ok or tacky? Any way to jazz up this idea?? I've already done the putting personalized pictures of scenes from the party for another of baby's events, so I don't want to go that route again. Any suggestions for creative thank you cards would be appreciated!

7 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

It's so hard to believe when they are this young and precious that one day they stomp away from you, slamming their bedroom door and shouting something like, "I hate you!" But it's all okay, she'll love you always no matter what phases she goes through.

I like the AZ postcard idea.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Baby's 1st Birhtday wishing her tons more. May she have a healthy and happy life.

The postcards is a good idea, maybe you can glam them up by adding small gem-stones and instead of just mailing them as postcards put them in an envelope.

Austen

9:57 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Thank yous on Arizona post cards would be very nice.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Secret Agent Woman said...

I know you've been busy, but I wanted to just say I sent an invitation to my blog which I had to hide. If it didn't get to you, email me at undergroundblog11@gmail.com and I'll re-send.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

It seems like yesterday that baby was born! Just checking in to see how you and your family are doing and to let you know I'm going to be ok,,,one step at a time.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with you. Missing your blogging... And just missing you!

x

4:08 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - oh no, I don't want that "I hate you stage" ever!

Austen - thanks for the tip on the postcards, I did just that - mailed them in envelopes and glammed them up a bit!

Joe - Thanks Joe!

Secret Agent - oh no another location, I didn't get the email but I'll email you.

Brenda - we are good, I haven't been in the blogsphere but I do check up on you. I think about you all the time. My friend I wish there was more I could do - come visit us in Arizona!

Kate - I'm back!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home