Friday, February 17, 2012

Baby Sick

Just when you think its safe to get back in the water....February is turning out to be a bad month for us. Baby has a raging case of pneumonia. Its awful! I've had to call in the grandmothers to come help out, because neither the husband nor I have enough sick leave. Baby is going to be out of daycare for at least two weeks.

We are both wondering, how did baby even get this?! Could it have been from daycare? Or all the traveling? And the medicines prescribed, they are even worse! The second night of her antibiotics, baby screamed for three hours out of pain from the cramps. It was awful! We went into the doctor's the first thing the next day and than they tell us, oh give her yogurt before giving the medicine to help line the stomach....gee you couldn't have told us that originally??

On top of all that, baby now also has an ear infection! Any tips, should I completely sanitize the house? Will opening windows help? I just feel like we have to get these bad germs out of here!

4 Comments:

Blogger Secret Agent Woman said...

I'm sorry. It's agonizing to have your baby really sick. I remember when my son got the shigella bacteria. No idea where it came from - hi doctor was stumped. But oh my god, was he one sick baby.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor wee soul. I'm so sorry she's not well - it must be so distressing for you. I'm glad you've got the family to come in for support, and I hope she starts feeling better soon.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Dad and I both agree it is probably the travel. And yes, you have to sanitise everything...if you move here, we can all take turns taking care of her ;)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - its rough for sure!

Kate - yes it was distressing but all better now.

Hina - yes InshAllah we will move.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home