Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday Morning Musing


So didn't make it to London this weekend....I was number 10 on the standby list and they got the first 9 on. Bummer. I tell you September is not turning out to be a stellar month for me..October could come anyday now and I'd be happy.
Spent the weekend moping at home - watched a lot of television. Have you ever seen the movie the Birdcage? Is it just me or is the son in that movie, a real jerk? He treats the Nathan Lane character so meanly, especially for someone who has taken care of him, raised him like a son. And why did they have to meet in South Beach? Why couldn't they have gone to her house? Also caught Gigi, a classic on Turner Classic Movies. Ugh, that movie is so cheesy - I thought I was going to have a sugar overdose and yet the commentator went on about it, as if it was something really great...go figure.

9 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

Virginia Gal, I'm sending you the biggest hug I can . . .

{{{{{Virginia Gal}}}}}

Do you know what else you'd like to do? If there is any way I can help, just let me know. Maybe you'd like to work for an embassy or something like that?

Funny thing . . . on Saturday night, Mr. Random and I watched An American in Paris but were too tired to sit through Gigi . . . I've never actually seen that one, so I'll take your word for it that it is a cheese-fest.

I'm sending you all the happy vibes I can! :-)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Maidy said...

I got the same feeling, too, from the Birdcage. I thought the son was being a selfish littel creep. That's children for ya!

Never saw Gigi. Never had a desire to either. Overthetop cheese makes me ill ... BLECH!

Sorry about London.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lost said...

Holy crapadoodle!!!! You gots a BLOG!!! See the things I miss when I'm gone for a few weeks?? I'm looking forward to reading all aboutcha.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks for the hugs Random Kath, I could so use them! Yeah looking into other avenues for international work (really want to stay with an airline).
Maidink - glad I'm not the only who thought the son was a creep. Kids, go figure.
Lost - you found me!!! So glad to see you shall soon be online, Adorable Tony persuaded me to get "with it" and get a blog. I'm touched you stopped by :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger PissedOffPencil said...

Actually, I'm trying to force that particular person to use her skills in english. She read what I wrote and made a comment about it, hence she could answer in english but refused... :)

And you're absolutely right about Malmo! I live about 18 miles north of that town. :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Sorry September has been such a downer. October should be better because Starting on 10-01, it's my 31 year alive! YAY! :-)

Tony


****SUPER GIGANTO TONY-HUG****

9:37 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Tony - hugs back to you!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

True confessions: I like Gigi. Also like Lili, another musical with Leslie Caron. It's very different from Gigi.

Hope things get better BEFORE October!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Merci - I hope it gets better before also.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home