Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Royal Tuesday


I was perusing a copy of the magazine "Hello" that I got from the airport on my last trip to London. They had a cute story about one of my favorite royals, Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark. She is expecting and the baby is due in October. I love Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth because to me she represents the idea that the everday girl can have dreams come true. Her's is such a Cinderella story, this average girl from Australia meets the Crown Prince of Denmark at a pub in Sydney during the 2000 Olympics. She has no idea who he is. They hit it off, four years later they are married. Every little girl dreams of being a princess and in this case it came true - I feel like its a victory for all little girls around the world, from those children born to beggars on the streets of New Delhi to the little girl scout in suburbia America - we are not all destined to a life of mundanity and obscurity, it is not just those raised in privledge that get everything in life. Like the Disney motto "when you wish upon a star..." little girls of the world continue to dream big, be it a princess or the future president of the USA - anything is possible!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Crown_Princess_of_Denmark

6 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

I can only image what she told her friends after she met the prince . . .

"Hey, I met the Prince of Denmark in the pub last night!" . . . "Yeah, sure. And you BELIEVED him? Maybe you need to lay off the pints for a while, dear" . . .

It is a very cool story though! By the way, do you read Red too? I can usually find them at several of the Barnes & Nobles around here, although sometimes they don't show up until the middle of the month over here . . .

10:22 AM  
Blogger PissedOffPencil said...

You refer to the daughter of a professor in higher mathematics who's travelled all over the globe and the daughter of an executive assistant as "average"?

You refer to a girl with BCom.LLB degrees as "average"?

This girl was in no way average. She was born upper class, played with her upper class friends, went to upper class private schools.

I didn't mean to critize you in any way but, wow, when you say "average" in this way, you really set the standards high for the rest of the world. :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I'm not trying to bring up any hurtful issues, but please be honest, VG.

Don't you mean you LOOTED that Hello magazine from the airport? Even if you PAID for it, you are NOT a rich, white, Christian man and therefore, it seems to me that you LOOTED!

C'mon. Tell the truth and shame the devil!

:-)

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Tony on this one.

Lovely story though.

And you read 'Hello!'????

*shocked at discovery that someone actually reads it

*trots back out, gasping*

6:44 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Random Kath - I've never Red but I'll look for it now.
POP - ok, maybe she's not "average" like me, but certainly what were the chances that a girl from Australia would marry the Crown Prince of Denmark, I don't know, her story gives me hope that anything is possible.
Tony - ha ha - yup, looted my ass off, hee hee.
P & T - crack me up, yes I always feel like a felon when I go into a WHSmith and covertly pick up my Hello - its my English guilty pleasure, hee hee.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
Free adult black movie clips Prince of tennis  driving myself mp3 stationery http://www.online-digital-photo-print.info/stationery_and_stationery_supplies_wholesale.html Manitoba running association

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home