Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Amazing Race et al.

Recap of Amazing Race - I only got to see the last half hour, but oh so good!!! When I joined them, they were in Washington DC, running around trying to find the reflecting pool in front of the capital. It was exciting to see them in my neighborhood, they were driving on 66 to get to Middleburg, VA - hit massive traffic (welcome to weekday travel in Northern VA), one of the teams chose an alternative route, right through Manassas!!! I was so amazed, that I shouted out "oh my God, Manassas is on tv!" It was very cool - highlight of the show for me. The teams ended up in a reactment of the civil war - very Virginia! The teams I liked made it through, but so did those horrible Paulo's. I did conclude that the mother is a big factor into why that family screams at each other all the time. That is her personality, she has a short fuse. God, when will they be eliminated?

Finished a book about a lady who lived through the Holocaust. I came away with a stark realization that the Holocaust would never have happened if the people of the countries Germany invaded were not so willing to look the other way or participate in it. I have to read that book, "Hitler's Willing Executioners," cause I have a feeling this is very much a main theme of the book.

Nancy Pelosi was on NPR yesterday, I heckled her from my desk (though she couldn't hear me) - I'm so tired of the Dem's in office giving us lip service - shut up and do something and if not, than just shut-up! You know they are just going to approve this Meier's character as easily as they did Robert's, laying down like a whore during fleet week. Really what is the point of having some minority voices around, if they end up just being yes-men for the majority? More and more, I'm feeling we need a third pary alternative to this beltway cronism.

Wish I could fly to London today, in the mood for a little pick-me-up, all this fasting, low blood sugar.

4 Comments:

Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Whoa....salty similes, here! Hang in there, it's almost sunset!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!Its Vale here!just found the link to your blog on Hina's LJ and thought droppin by to say hi!
and lemme tell you again, that was such a pleasure to meet you in Milan!!you and Hina have to come back sometime!!!!;)
hugs & kisses
Val

5:04 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Belinda - I have noticed as the day goes on, my mood goes lower, has to be low blood sugar...I hope :-)

Hi Val!!! It was lovely meeting you in Milan! Hina and I had such a good time, you and Eleanora are great hosts. I only wish we had had more time. Now you and Elenora have to come to the States - we would love to show you our hometown of DC! Give my hello's to your mom also, that was so nice of her to get us the metro tickets and train schedule.
Hugs back!
- Hina's sister

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.answering-appointment-scheduling-service-appointmentquest.info/medicare-coverage-glucowatch.html Www ambien com anbien and pregnancy state farm insurance company travelera

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home