Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ciao Venice and misc.

I'm back from lovely, lovely Venice and super-chic Milan. The trip was very nice, Venice is beautiful and exactly how you see it in amusement parks, only 100 times better, cause it is real! On our third day there, my sister and I stayed in this gorgeous little hotel in the countryside of Venice (town of Quarto D'Altino). A former bishop's house, it was divine - four star, we enjoyed the day lounging by the pool and bike riding next to the fields of Northern Italy. From there we were able to day trip back into Venice, where you couldn't swing a cat without hitting an American, an Englishman or an Australian - who knew it was so popular with the Aussies?! But visiting Italy is no cheap feat and this brings me to my day's rant (and you thought just cause I'm back I'd be all sweet and nice, ha ha).
I'm broke - cause people owe me money - friends. How does one get this money back? Has anyone run into this problem? I hate to pester people, but I'm not made of money, my credit card bills are getting outrageous...what to do? It's nothing huge, nothing over $100, but it is still my money, no? For the time being I'm not buying anything for anyone else - I need to be compensated!
This really comes down too - how can I travel the globe without moo-lah?!

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

Viginia Gal, all of that sounds so lovely - I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip!

I don't know what to do about your money problem . . . I usually don't lend money, I usually give up ooodles of time and help in every other way - besides all of our friends know we are broke too.

I hate asking for money, but I would bite the bullet and ask for it back, or at least some of it. I mean, they were bold enought to ask from you, you can be bold enough to ask back - especially if you are getting laid off soon. If they are snots about it, then you know that they aren't real friends, and can chalk it up the money loss to a lesson learned. Just my $.02 . . .

11:35 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Random Kath is right! If they were bold enough to ask for it, you should be bold enough to ask to have it repaid.

I make it a point never to loan more money to anyone than I am willing to give them. That way, I won't be upset if I don't get it back.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

You tell them to pay up or Pax will sic La Cosa Nostra on them! ;)

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with that lot above - ask for it back!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks peeps - I shall have to bit the bullet and ask for the cash. I hate being put in that position, but what are you going to do, no?

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Ellsworth coat of arms camping menu shopping list direct tv remote control manual

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home