Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Amazing Race

I'm addicted to the show, The Amazing Race, last night was it's season premiere. It was the first time in the history of The Amazing Race that they had teams of four, instead of two. It was an interesting twist. I thought I would find it annoying, but it was actually quite fun to see all these big teams lumbering around.

The show started out in NYC (big surprise) and had the kiddies running around Manhattan before going down to PA. It was amazing to see who is stupid and who is smart, the clue simply said go to Washington's Crossing and there were some teams that had no clue that this might mean, oh I don't know...George Washington! After having to cross the river where George Washington did and retrive a flag (all the zealous patriotism displayed by some of the teams while carrying the flag disgusted me - its too showy, true patriotism is voting, taking part in the political system, not giving some lip service on national television). After that the teams had to spend the night in some park in Philadelphia, which made me think of my blogger friends in the Philly area (maidink in particular!). It rained. The next morning everyone had to race to Lancaster, PA - Amish country and either build a mini-watermill or race a buggy 1.5 miles.

What was fascinating about this season opener was - no international travel! Usually the Race has them leaving the States immediately for some place abroad, which is what I love about the show, getting to see all thes great places around the world, but not having to actually run in the race. I wonder if they stayed in America because the teams are so big this time? Looks like they will only be in America next show also, crossing my fingers that they might head south to my neck of the woods, that would be so cool!

As for the teams - I was really rooting for the Blacks, cause they are from Woodbridge, VA, which is right next door to my hometown. They were nice too, but man just didn't have the drive to win, they took everything so slowly - painful to watch, it's a race GD*# - move! They got eliminated.

That one family, with the two sons, that screams at each other all the time, oh so embarassing, hel-lo you're on national television, EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS GOING TO BE WATCHING - is this what you want them to see? Good lord, have some class. Also I don't like that team with the little kids, the marathon runners, those kids are not so nice and the parents encourage this kind of mean "its a race we should be duplicitious" attitude. Ugh.

I'm rooting for the all girl team, the team with the dad and son-in-laws, or the daughters and dad team. Haven't made up my mind on the other teams yet.

Again I take my tv way too seriously - working on that.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Web 2.0
A lot of buzzwords get tossed about in the tech world. The one I am hearing frequently these days is " Web 2.0" -- which has a number of definitions but basically means a new way to create software.
You did a great job here. I'll be sure to bookmark this.

I have a work from home site. It pretty much covers work from home related stuff.

Feel free to take a look. Thanks and have a good one!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

"As for the teams - I was really rooting for the Blacks..."

I believe the correct term is "those with african american last names"

Oh! And look, you got a spammer! My hero!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

I know - what is the irony that the only African-American team on the show had the last name of "the Blacks?"

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Advance cash check diego san secrets of models lose weight fast Minnesota house purchase contracts Ac 2forder ambien http://www.footfetish3.info/Sexy_feet_thongs.html healthy weight loss diet Women hiking boot City of santa fe springs ca Effexor and constipation air purifer humidifier

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home