Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Get some balls!!!

I try to keep my political rants to a low simmer but today something happened that stuck in my craw (saw that phrase used on Will & Grace the other day and have been using it ever since).

According to news reports, Vermont Senator, Patrick Leahy (D) will confirm Bush's Supreme Court nominee - Judge John Roberts.
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/supreme_court

Its not that I'm vehemently opposed to Roberts (as bad Bush guys come, he is not in the top 10), its that I'm so tired of the Democrats just laying down like whores and letting the Bush Administration get everything they want!!!

I feel like screaming at the Democrats - stand up for something - God D*#! it! They don't say anything - is it fear of offending centerist America, or just don't care, or what?!!! It's like America has gone to a one party system. And we all know how well one-party systems go, can anyone say, dictator?

Really it comes to a point where I have to ask myself, why bother even participating in the government system of this country when my voice, at least currently, is silenced? Does no one in America care that Democracy and the governement we so treasure (fought wars for, apparently the one we are in now - Iraqi war) is being dismantled piece by piece - is it more important to learn about what the name of Britney Spear's baby is? When will this maddness end?

1 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

Hey, VG, I agree with you about the Democrats, although I too am not terribly opposed to Roberts (as in if you vote him down, what sort of raving nut would they appoint in his place . . .)

Yes, the enormity of the problem does seem so big that one wants to just give up on the political process . . . but we can't. Because we do care. And because we do care we have to get out there and make some noise and try to wake up that don't care. We have to work locally to create the type of communities we want and then work outward from these.

If you saw how few poeple actually participate in their local politics, you would not be surprised at the apathy at the higher levels.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home