Monday, October 31, 2005

Coincidence...I think not!

Two things this weekend which might have been coincidental, but since we Muslims don't really believe in conincidences (we believe Allah does everything for a reason)..I'll take them as signs.

1. While canvassing for local Democrats this weekend (grunt work at its best, ugh!), I was flipping through the direction sheets for where I had to go and scribbled on a tiny corner on one sheet was the not so common name of the guy in England who I like...how strange? It's not like he is not on my mind (actually I obsess about him too much!), but there was his name (with the unusal spelling)....what does this mean? No other names were on the sheets and that was the first time I had seen those sheets (so it was not me subconsiously writing his name down). Could this be a way for God to say it is ok that I like him, even though he's not that into me or could there be a larger back story there...?

2. I was reading that new Al Fraken book "The Truth" and he has a section in the book, well a paragraph, about how we Americans are lead to believe things made in America are truly made in America, but did you know that the American Islands in the Pacific (they are like our terrorities) can use the "Made in America" label but don't actually have to adhere to American labor laws, like say minium wage for workers.. what an interesting loophole for unscruplious businessmen. Boy just when you think are doing the right thing, "THE MAN" figures out another way to screw both the consumer and the worker -while reaping the profits, like a bad episode of the Smurfs or something. Sheesh.

1 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hey - leave those little blue guys out of this.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home