Friday, October 14, 2005

I Got You Babe

Just heard that song by Sonny and Cher, "I Got You Babe" on the car ride up to work. It's a nice song to listen to - happy, cheery.

One of the things that can cheer me up pretty quickly - Thursday night television and last night was no different. I'm a huge ER fan, for the longest time I was convinced I was going to marry Dr. Carter (till he ran off with Thadie Newton's character, btw I think Thadie Newton is drop dead gorgeous). As soon as the beginning music plays, I get all calm and feel happy. Despite the increasingly bad storylines (want more Shane West!!), it is still one of my favorite shows. Something about the medicine field is so noble and everyone on that show seems so cool. I have ER envy :-)

Before ER is the deliciously guilty pleasure of the Apprentice. So happy that Donald dumped Toral. As a hypenated American (Indian-American) I hate, hate, hate, when people use culture or religion as an excuse after the fact. Here is my thing if you are truly religious or have some deep cultural identity than you should embrace it from the beginning, not use it as an excuse when convenient. This stupid girl Toral (who gives us Indians a bad name, go away!), didn't want to wear the mascot costume which was part of the task or something. Her reasoning to the group was "it is degrading and humiliting. I'm a hotshot graduate from the Wharton school of Business, I WILL NOT DO IT!" She never said anything about it being against her religion (ok knowing something about Hindu's, I have no idea what she is talking about??) or culture. However, when the girls lost the task and they were called into the boardroom, she used that as a crutch. NO WAY - you can't suddenly become "Indian" or "Hindu." Despicable if you ask me.

Right, going to try to get out of my blues this weekend - hope everyone has a good one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

My hubby gave me pair of stuffed dogs for Valentine's Day that sing, "I Got You, Babe," as a duet while they move to the music. You know, the kind you get at the grocery store (yes, the king of romance - gets my gift at the supermarket).

Used to watch ER, but stopped a few years ago. I mostly watch news, History Channel, and the like, and occasionally What Not to Wear - British or US version - or Bargain Hunt.

10:04 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I love that you are, like, genius smart and you watch Guilty Pleasure Television. Now I feel better!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

oh thanks for making me smile, I'm not genius smart in the least, but I'm touched you think so :-)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - I've been watching Band of Brothers on History channel, I'm a sucker for WWII stuff.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home