Thursday, October 06, 2005

Animals

The frogs are after me!

It is scary, but lately everytime I step out of the house or come home, there is a frog sitting on the stoop or on the walkway. Quite scary as frogs disgust me. According to my sister this is because I ran over a frog in our driveway when backing up - but I swear I don't remember that. I AM NOT A FROG KILLER!!! (mumbling...wonder if I can talk to the frog king and get him to put a stop order on this reptilean mafia hit on me).

Elsewhere I went to a Democrat's meeting yesterday at a friend's house and I just loved her dog. I'm not a dog person, having inherited the Indian female fear of dogs. But Bentley, her dog, a rescue who got hit by a car (ironic name) is a darling. Bless his heart but he walks a little funny, on an angle and well, is just a little off, but so cute!

oh and while I'm on the subject, everyone must come down to DC and see our new baby panda! It (not sure if girl or boy) is so adorable, I don't know, there is something about pandas that makes you want to go up and hug them, literally a bear hug (laughing at my own joke like an idiot). They are vegetarians right? You can't fear a vegetarian animal - they are the pacifists of the animal kingdom.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/

Finally speaking of animals, hope Piggy and Tazzy's Mr. Monkey is safe, wherever in the world he is!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cigamybab said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo tempted to say KISS THE FROG! It might turn into your prince!

And whats the Indian female fear of dogs? Are you serious?

Yay! Mr. Monkey Nut, our little monkey friend has been discovered! He turned up on Brenda's (whats up down south) yesterday afternoon! Full story over at our place on the updated Missing Monkey post! - He made it safe and well all the way to Arkansas! Cheeky monkey!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I just thought: Wouldn't it be REALLY funny if he got passed from blogger to blogger, each taking a pic with him before sending him on to someone else?

He could become our own little travelling blog monkey!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

I love the idea of Mr. Monkey being a traveling blog monkey and each of us taking a pic!!! Fabulous!! I shall suggest on my blog tomorrow, you guys must do the same.
and yes, all Indian gals are afraid of dogs, it's genetic I think, ask around (I'm sure there are Indians in your neck of the woods, in England you can't swing a bat without hitting an Indian, hee hee).

11:31 AM  
Blogger PissedOffPencil said...

I would advice you NOT to hug a panda! At least not a live one. They are actually known for attacking people, on rare occasions, but nevertheless it has happened...

And there is no correlation between being a pacifist and being a vegetarian... You wouldn't wanna pet a rhino, now would you? ;o)

Oh, and Hitler is said to have been a vegetarian...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

My toads have all gone into hiding. My yard is usually full of them. Maybe they headed south to your place for the winter!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Oh, and sorry for the dog pic that goes with my profile (what does that say about me, or should I ask???) Hope it doesn't scare you. She's a tiny hound, couldn't do much damage,

1:55 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

POP - He was a vegetarian? Who knew? Strange.
Merci - no probs about the dog pic, its actual dogs that scare me, I'm quite a fan of 2-D dogs, Snoopy, Scooby and Wishbone :-)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gal squashed a frog in the driveway behind her tire. Poor thing popped like a grape. Fortunately she didn't step on it since she drove barefoot.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home