Friday, November 04, 2005

A Royal Affair





http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/03/AR2005110302423.html

Clearly my invitation to Wednesday's dinner at the White House with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall was lost in the mail. Perhaps also the Prince's office didn't want to stir up the pot as I am firmly pro-Diana and still harbor resentment towards this Camilla character (I wasn't even invited to the civil cermony held earlier this year).

Yet, I'm rather glad I made all those tiny cucumber sandwiches last night during the Apprentice because I am sure when his Royal Highness calls, as he often does when in Washington DC, I can invite the newlywed's over for tea!

Have a good weekend y'all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Same thing here ... I'll bet both our invites were lost! Damn post office!

1:59 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I've never had cucumber sandwiches. Did high tea at the Helmsley Palace in NYC bach when Leona owned it, but no cukes.
Do you hold your pinkie out while eating them?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

If all of our invitations hadn't gotten lost, this would have been a great blogger meetup. What's up with the US Postal Service?

6:07 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Mmmm...cucumber sandwiches! I make a lovely cucumber soap with olive oil and shea butter and cocoa butter and pureed cukes...I shall have to send you some!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax and Merci - yes our invitations were lost, we shall have to have a word with the queen!
Joe - I think you can eat the sandwich without having your pinkie up :-)
Belinda - oh yes please would love a nice cucumber smelling soap, I love cucumber lotion from Bath and Body Works.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home