Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics and Tagged

Pairs Competition

I was so happy to see my team Zhen and Shao on the medal stand - so what if it was bronze...the fact that they came back from such a huge injury and unveiling this program for the first time at the Olympics was huge. I really think if it hadn't been for that injury and if they had competed this season they would have won the gold. Plus to be honest, I think they got lucky in even getting the bronze, the other pairs in contention made some mistakes, but who cares it helped my peeps!
The winner's Totmianina and Marinin skated clean and won but I doubt their program will go down in the annuals of figure skating, it was ehh. A little sorry to see Petrova and Tikhonov not place, poor things have been around forever, won a world championship back in 2000 but just never connected with the audience and that conveyed to the judges. I hope they have a great career as professionals. As for the other two Chinese teams - rock on - break up the Russian stranglehold on pairs! If Shen and Zhao compete in this year's worlds, it could be a sweep by the Chinese, which would be really cool!


Tagged
I was tagged by Adorable Tony for this and am now just getting around to it (sorry)...
1. First blog you ever read? the wonderful quirky Pax Romano
2. What inspired you to start your own? Peer pressure from Adorable Tony, who can say no to that cutie?
3.The best and worst about blogging? best - meeting new people and reading about places and experiences people are having that are so different from your own. The worst, sometimes thinking of what to say.
4. Who was the first person to comment on your blog? I think Adorable Tony or Piggy&Tazzy.
5. What has been your most popular blog entry? Beats me...maybe about the Danish comic, or the one where everyone wished me Eid Mubarak?
6. If I re-named my blog I would call it…... Virginia Gal's thoughts (alright not super original, so sue me, sheesh).
7. If my blog had a theme song it would be…I think it would depend on my mood, but most of the time it would be Garbage's "I'm Only Happy When it Rains."
8. If my blog was a room it would look like…..shabby chic, lots of pink, flowers, overstuffed sofas and white tables with pretty tea cups, like a more innocent version of Victoria Secret's.
9. Five bloggers I would like to have over for dinner - Well actually Molly Malone has been over for dinner but like Tony can't really name ONLY five - would love to have everyone over, I'm sure it would be a fantastically interesting conversation!
10. Two bloggers you would like to set up on a blind date - Snicks and Tony.
11. Somebody I wish had a blog? My crush, so I'd know what he is thinking!
12. If you were only allowed to read one blog ever again. Which blog would it be?Pax, cause everyone hits that one and I'd still be in the loop.
13. Is there a fellow blogger you would like to snog/shag/do rude things to? Is Prince William reading this?
14. Discover a blog. Link to a blog that you have recently found, or a blog you have been reading for a while and haven’t blogrolled. Well lately I've been reading Manic Moments, I like her posts and she and I have some things in common that always makes me smile. Plus she is up in Prince Edward Island Canada - way cool!
I'm too tag five people...so again I'm going to pick those who I haven't seen post in a bit, Molly Malone, Lost, Ordinary Snapshots.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd leave a comment on your site to help you get through this very depressing day. I'm sure something good will come out of it, however.

Happy Valentine's Day.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Divine - thanks for the well wishes, hope you have a great Valentine's day also!
Laurie - (insert manical scientist laugh) the song is stuck in your head you say....my work here is done (rub hands together menacingly).
Adham - Thanks for stopping by on yes, this very depressing day. It is so nice of you to have thought of me (more than my crush did, long sigh). I do hope something good comes out of it for both of us - like maybe the abolishment of this stupid Hallmark holiday. Happy Valentine's day to you!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Valentines Day blows chunks. period.

I love Garbage and I love my VG even more.

**kisses**

7:20 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Tony - oh thanks, your hugs and kisses couldn't have come at a better time, my crush has totally blown me off. Sigh. I think this Valentine's Day is my worse to date.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

AW, VG, I keep forgetting you are my Blog-Daughter!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax, how can you forget, we are family (a la the Godfather). : )

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home