Monday, December 18, 2006

AMAZING GRACE!


My friends you will never believe what I, not highly intelligent Virginia Gal have managed to do....(wait for it).......get an, "A" in Business Statistics!!!

Yes, you heard correctly, I (pause) I got an, "A!" Truly it is a Christmas miracle! Somehow (I think mostly due to the kind nature of my professor) I made a "B" on the final, coupled with my "A" average on quizes and working with a statistical genius on the final project to get an "A" (hey a smart businesswoman knows to surround herself with the best, if she herself can't do it). It all worked out to an, "A"!!!

To top that off - I got all, "A's" - in every other class - can you believe it?! I keep checking my transcript, afraid it will all disappear before me. Its amazing though how much it has already affected how I feel - suddenly I am much more confident. I deserve to here on campus, in the B-school, I am worthy. I suppose I shouldn't tie my self-worth to my grades, but what are you going to do? Its a bit of a vindication from all those schools and books that said how well you did on your standarized GMAT score dictated how well you did in B-school. Well if that was true, I should have done much worse. But who cares - all A's baby!!!!

I feel like I should have a speech prepared, like an Oscar winner (hee hee). This is momentous! Wow, I'm going to have to really thank God and not just lip service like all those lame-y's on the Grammys do. Thanks to everyone for their support - you all rock!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

Awesome, Virginia Gal! We knew you could pull it off! See, you worried yourself sick about all this, and all of your hard work paid off. You ARE a smart cookie! We are all celebrating with you!

Mr. Random is still waiting for his grades, so send a few happy vibes his way, too . . .

1:23 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

A 4.0 average so far? That is pretty good. So that hard work is rewarded.
Congrats!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! You SO rock!

You ARE VERY smart.

Quit trying to convice us, who know better, otherwise.

You're my sweetie and I will NOT have you depriciating (SP?) yourself.

*mwah*

7:55 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

WOOH TO DA HOOH! Now this is where you go and live it up! Congratulations!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Oh Gawd, with all you put us through?????

Next semester, I don't want to hear NO whining!

Well Done, VG, Well Done!!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

Congrats, darling! We all knew you could pull it off!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Random Kath - thank you!!! I'm sending happy vibes to Mr. Random, if I can do it, anyone can!

Joe - I know a 4.0, God knows how long that will last, but it is sweet to say for now : )

Tony - Thank you darling! oh and I'm so touched to be your sweetie!

Miz Bohemia - oh I'm so living it up...avoiding thinking about next semester. hee hee. Thanks!

Pax - ha ha, all I put you through - my family said the same thing. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a worry-wart so expect same whining next semester : )

Molly - You and Honey's vote of confidence in me was so kind - I appreciate it beyond words. Thank you.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home