Friday, November 10, 2006

Virginia, dogs & ER

Virginia - all I can say is "YEAH BABY!!!" - we did it, thanks in part to the Old Dominion the Democrats are now in control of the Senate - yay!!!!! This is freaking awesome (and ps, I live like two blocks from where Allen's "victory" party at the Richmond Marriott was being held - that explains why on Tuesday night there were so many news camera's around)!!!

Dogs - Props and shout out to Molly Malone and our mutual friend Super J, I truly think I've gotten over a large part of my fear of dogs, courtesy of them. Lately I've taken to walking right (close) by them on campus and wanting to pet them - how's that for progess! Molly and Super J both have well-behaved canines and helped me to see that these animals are more friendly and want to be loved than desire to bit me. Though I don't think I'll ever be a, "dog-person" I won't go shrieking when I hear a bark, as I did before.

ER - One of my rewards after a hard week is getting to watch ER, Thursday night. I love that show!! Last night, those writers did it again, with the Morse character, giving him depth, dealing with the multi-personality patient, where we thought it couldn't be possible. Amazing and really touching, thanks ER writers!

Have a good weekend all (the song running in my head since Rumsfield's resignation and Allen's loss):
na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey
GOOD-BYE

6 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Glad you're overcoming your fear of dogs. You know how I feel about them!

Have a great weekend.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Virginia Gal,

First of congrats on your midterms and hooray for democracy. I've been reading your fascinating blog since Spring via Snicks blog. I have to say that you've had an incredible year so far. I enjoyed your travel stories and tips; I also found myself drawn to your own personal struggles with life, relationships, faith, and choices...I think you've done a superjob overall. The one thing I really admire about your blog is that your indomitable spirit of perseverance comes thru--you never give up; you may stumble; you may fall; but in the end, you give it your all and you live your life free and on your own terms...That's a wonderful thing, and I just wanted to say thank you for being so brave and sharing your story with us...I will continue to read along your life journey for as long as you'll let us...

Oh, yeah...I had pet dogs growing up, but I still had some run ins with some really mean dogs in the neighborhood, so I can relate to your uneasiness...I don't have a dog now (or any pet), but every now and then I doggysit for some buds of mine...Pets are great, but I can't give them the care they need, at least at this time...but it's nice to know that you've overcome one of your fears...just another inspiring example of just how amazing the human spirit is if given the chance to live and thrive in freedom...

Sorry for the long post...just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy visiting your blog, and I wish you the best in your endeavors...You'll do absolutely fantastic...

Best wishes,
YNF
P.S. love the blog roll; you seem to have a lot of great people rootin for ya...and that's a wonderful thing...

10:33 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sorry, but you've got two more YEARS before you can really sing that.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - thank you : ) You're dogs are so cute, I don't think I would have any fear petting them : )

YNF - oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind sentiments, I'm touched beyond words. I don't even know how to convey my humble appreciation for all the nice things you have said, I feel like, "I'm not worthy."

As for the dogs...I believe I did have one bad doggie run-in when I was in kindergarten and has caused me to be gun-shy when it comes to dogs.

Thank you again for the love - welcome to my blog, come in have a sit, rest for a while, join the gang!
ps - I love my blogroll friends, without ever having met me, they are always there with support and love, I'm truly blessed.

Joe - hee hee, in two years I'm going to be singing a revised version of the Wizard of Oz tune, "Ding Dong the Witch is dead" to maybe, "ding Dong the witch is gone."

10:08 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Yeah, I've been meaning to stop by here and thank you for completing the "sweep!" Good job!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Belinda - thanks - that hour long wait at the polls was SOOO worth it, sweet victory!!!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home