Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Odds and Ends

What - two posts in one week?! Crazy!

There were a couple of things I wanted to blog about so thought I'd do it know and continue to avoid doing my economics homework (smile).

Please head over to my dear Molly Malone's blog - she has addressed a religious question I posed to her, after getting into a bit of a, "discussion" with a Pentacostal chaplain for the US military. Putting into words, what I was feeling, she has eloquently elaborated my spiritual philosphy, despite the fact that this philsophy goes against most major religion's bottom line. Guess I'm more of a rebel than I thought, but again, I reaffirm that the God I worship to is a forgiving, loving God - not a mean, vengeful one. I like the quote Molly placed regarding us humans - from Thomas Merton to God, "I trust my desire to please You, pleases You." In the end, who really knows, no?

I saw John Edwards on Jay Leno the other day - he admited that voting for the Iraq war was wrong. I'm so glad he has finally seen reason - three years too late, but better late than never.

Rumor has it that Prince William is planning on getting married - great just as I lose my flight benefits, sheesh! He needs to give me at least four months notice, so I can buy my air ticket. It has been my life-long vow, that I'm going to be there in London, camping out, for his wedding - just as people did for his parent's nuptials. I wonder if Wills could just wait a year, till I have a job and money for said travel....? Somebody get on that!

If you are thinking of going to the movie's this weekend, I HIGHLY recommend, the Painted Veil. Words can't describe what a lovely, beautiful piece of film-making this movie represents. If the shots of China don't take your breath away, the tragically wondeful story, by Somerset Maugham will have the desired effect.

Right, enough dilly-dallying - must crack that economics book. Joy.

6 Comments:

Blogger CS said...

At your suggestion, I checked in first at Molly's blog for a summary, and left a comment there. But I would also say here, what a backward idea that you must be poor in faith if you don't believe in a dsicriminatory God. I would always vote for love. (And I'm with you, too - wish more politicians could have seen the wrongness of going to war with Iraq BEFORE we went.)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

The Painted Veil looks great.
I will DEF check it out at your endorsement.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

go to your man, Wills, VA Gal!! I know you'll find a way to be there for the big day! ... assuming it comes. i think it would be hilarious if they made no announcement and just kept gettin' their freak on and were like, "whaddup Brittish tabs? mind your own!"

10:38 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oooh! Much linky love happenin' I see! I will try to visit when life gives me the chance! For now, just popping in to say hola!

2:39 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, you have to be there if you're the bride, duh.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

CSL - welcome! Thank you for reaffirming my believes, you're right, what kind of God do I want to worship that believes in discrimination? Good point! Politicans, oy vey, no?

Tony - did you go see it? The Painted Veil? Sooo good!!

Molly - I'm worried they might do that, just not tell anyone - how rude! Hey they are on British taxpayer's dime, they OWE the people some pomp and circumstance!

MizBohemia - Hola my dear! Pop over anytime, I know you have LOTS going on, so feel free to come and laugh over here in Virginia gal terroritory : )

Joe - well naturally, excellent point, hee hee.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home