Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Songs

I know my blog postings have been overly somber of late hence I thought to lighten the mood with some....Christmas music (stop your caterwauling, you know its still early in the season and you love it at the moment! Of course check back December 24th when you are ready to strangle anyone who even dares to hum a Christmas tune).

Here are my favorite songs of the winter holiday period -



Carol of the Bells (sung by the Celtic Women)




All I Want for Christmas Is You (from Love Actually)



Sugarplum Fairy or Nutcracker Suite (Duchy Ballet)


Those are my top three songs that embody and light up the holiday for me. but I also like:
1. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
2. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
3. Do They Know Its Christmas Time at All (Band-Aid)
4. This One's For the Children (New Kids on the Block)
5. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (N'Sync)
6. Hark the Heralds, Angels Sing
7. Last Christmas (Wham)

Please let me know which ones are your favorites.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

My favorite is Holy Night and I do like our 3 yr old grandaughter's rendition of Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carol of the Bells is definitely my favorite.
And Silent Night, which always seems to be sung right before Midnight Mass.

9:20 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Can those Celtic gals sing anything badly! My favorites are
O Holy Night
Silent Night
Mary Did you Know
Away in a Manger
Christmas SHoes..... and the list goes on and on!
Have ya heard the Josh Groban Christmas CD? NICE!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gypsy,
I LOVE the movie "Love Actually"...
I enjoy Christmas songs performed by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra....I can remember listening to "Little Drummer Boy" at my grandmother's house when I was younger. It has always stuck with me.
Happy Holidays to you!
Trisha

12:46 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I'd go for the Santa Baby one, haven't heard it in a while but nice.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

I like Mary's Boy Child as done by some Jamaican/German disco group from the 1980s.

Thanks for sharing these, btw! (I also love "Love Actually.")

8:17 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - o Holy Night done well is a delight to hear, no?

Shannon - Carol of the Bells is so beautiful no? Silent night, good as well.

Mommantor - haven't heard Josh Groban's Chrismas CD but I imagine it is fantastic.

Trisha - Happy holidays to you - and yes the movie "Love Actually" is fantastic and I love the thing about the arrivals hall in airports, because it is so true.


Joe - oh it is a good one for sure!

Molly - naturally you love "Love Actually," because great minds think alike LOL.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Native Pride said...

Santa Baby is my favorite!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home