Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter, Romance author and Real Simple

I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night. It was freaking awesome!!! I am paying the price today (so sleepy) but it was worth it. The movie was dark and yet also funny. I loved the romance parts and all the main kids have grown as actors so it wasn't painful to watch them. They didn't stick exactly close to the book but close enough for me to declare this film, of all the Harry Potter films out so far, the best!! Rest assured my good friends, last night was just the first in a series of many viewings of this film - finally something worth seeing this summer, yipee!!

Tonight I am so excited because one of my favorite romance authors (romance novels are my guilty pleasure) is in Washington D.C. for some writer's conference and she sent a note out to all her fans on her email list (yes I'm that much of a romance novel geek I'm on an email distribution list), that she would be signing autographs, Wednesday, July 15th - from 5:30 to 7:30pm; simply perfect for me, right after work!! I am trying to compose something intelligent to say to her, I've been thinking of this all day, am narrowing it down to, "will you please write more books about Justin and his family?" (that is my favorite character) or "do you have any romance authors besides yourself you would recommend?" Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to ask her both!

One of my favorite magazines is Real Simple. Its like a Better Homes and Gardens or Good Housekeeping for young adults like myself (you know the 20's and 30's set). A close friend of mine let me know that Amazon.com is selling a year subscription of the magazine for $5 (she told me this while we waited for the Harry Potter movie to start). That is .42 cents per issue! If you like the magazine or maybe even need a gift idea, I'm providing the link below.
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Simple-1-year/dp/B00005R8BR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=magazines&qid=1247691073&sr=8-1

6 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Sorry, but Real Simple is for us old folks too! Glad to hear that HBP is so good. Can't wait to see it.

9:43 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

HEY IREAD IT AND I AM PROB OLDER THAN YOU AND MERCI PUT TOGETHER!
mAYBE IT'S THE SIMPLE PART THAT GOT ME!

11:25 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

I saw HP on Wednesday night AND today! It was great, although I did not like the ending. We should chat about it!!!! Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Real Simple! Thanks for the tip!

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh (in a good way - oh how I miss you...):

'last night was just the first in a series of many viewings of this film' - such a HP geek!

And I had forgotten about your romance novel obsession. Enjoy!

k

7:50 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - oh stop,you are not old!!

Mommantor - you are young at heart!

H- Thought you would like the tip!

Kate - I miss you as well : ) Glad you laughed!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u saw such before ?? [url=http://moourl.com/yy0rb]such a hottie.[/url]

for some help just visit to get me my next free video

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home