Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dr. Tiller's Murder

I am copying this from a press release I received (I think they say it better than I ever could!).

Dr. George Tiller's Murder
The rampant terrorism and violence against women and health care professionals who dare to provide women's health services took its latest victim when Dr. George Tiller was brutally gunned down in his church on Sunday in Wichita, Kansas.

This assassination is the culmination of a coordinated assault by the right wing. This included the demonization of Dr. Tiller by Bill O'Reilly, who ran dozens of hit pieces targeting him as a "murderer," and by "Operation Rescue," which prominently called him "America's Doctor of Death."

The murder of Dr. Tiller is the foreseeable outcome of a climate of bigotry and vilification fostered by the right wing, normalized by the media and parts of the U.S. government.

Now me, Virginia Gal talking. I am disgusted at the likes of Randell Terry (Operation Rescue) and Bill O'Reilly who all but held the gun for this man's murder. They incited the violence and now sit back and say, "no it wasn't me."

What angers me most about this whole situation and the entire pro-life movement is their blindness to others suffering. Do you know that 15 million, thats 15,000,000 CHILDREN, die each year from malnutrition. Where is the moral outrage there?!! MALNUTRITION - for God's sake we are talking about an obselete disease here!!

Instead of trying to bring more lives into the world, why not care for the lives already out there? Or is this just racism on the pro-life movement's part, because as Bill O says of the 60,000 abortions done by Dr. Tiller, those were 60,000 American citizens, so I guess those lives are more important than say the children of sub-sahara Africa or the Indian subcontinent? Its more important to spend money on gunning down legal doctors than shelling out a few dollars so a kid in Brazil can eat for a day? I guess you can explain your rationale to God when you get up there, cause to me there is no excuse to ignore the living. I am disgusted by this whole thing and can only pray for Dr. Tiller and his family in this sad time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home