Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bam Said the Lady

Just another lesson that you don't mess with Jon Stewart!!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/246932/thu-august-20-2009-betsy-mccaughey


I love it!! Take that anti-health care reformers!

Also, I do have a question...why are people opposed to health care reform? Do you just think that it is fair for 47 million Americans to not have health care? Do you think that people who get sick and their insurance doesn't cover the illness, should go bankrupt, because it is that person's fault they got sick?

I guess I'm just really unclear how any compassionate human being can be opposed to reforming the American Health Care system. Mind you, you can just admit your a selfish bastard who has health insurance and is rich and think "I got mine, who cares about the rest of you?" If that is the case, just admit it, I know I'd respect you more than clocking opposition to the reform in death panel malarky.

6 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I think a huge part of it is that the conservative media machine, headed up by Fox "News" has the sole goal of opposing anything Democratic and supporting anything Republican. They are putting an enormous amount tof energy into demonizing Obama and anything he is attempting to do to provide a better life for us.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I agree with secret agent woman. Let em all walk a mile in my shoes of the moment.

9:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hmmm, but on the other side there is a long road about 'enough to eat' 'better clothes' place to live' . . .

1:42 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Americans are a selfish lot.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

A friend of mine put it this way in judging whether or not the government should get involved in the maintenance of a system or industry: is this something that if it went away would cause the collapse of our society, or otherwise seriously imperil the infrastructure? if the answer is yes, then the government should intervene.

I'm inclined to agree.

One could argue that it's a slippery slope and that ANYTHING could fall under that definition, but I think NOT to do anything is even worse.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - yes I agree this is just more in the anti-Obama stuff, I'm really depressed that we have degerated into this kind of politics.

Brenda - amen sister, these people have no empathy for their fellow man.

Joe - I'm confused.

Merci - I think those who deny others health care because it would cost them a few pennies or even dimes on a dollar are selfish.

Molly - valid point indeed!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home