Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Management vs. Admin

Lately I've really wanted to beat myself at work, just because I hate it so much. Its not the job I hate, as much as I can't stand management. They are micro-managers of the highest order, plus they provide no support but are quick to blame. How can one thrive in that environment?!

This has made me think....I get along so much better with Administrative staff than Management - why is that? Its no secret in my office that I'm the black sheep among the Management staff.

I think it has to do with the level of honesty, with the Admin staff there are no games, no one is trying to claw each other to be top dog, plus we have a common enemy - the management!

Why can't I relate to Management? Perhaps because I sense the insincerity and the need to throw me under the bus. They are always ready to find the one tiny mistake I made and magnify it, never is anything I do good enough.

I didn't have these problems at non-descript airlines and I think its because my boss there, Management, for lack of a better word, was supportive, was kind, had a sense of humor! My God the place I work at now, its like someone took out their funny bone! I have to watch everything I say - which I hate! Another reason Admin staff is cooler, they speak honestly and can laugh!

All I know is that I'm desperately looking for another job, I definitely don't want to be here for a year, I'd hate to see my performance evaluation, God what a train wreck that would be! Plus I don't trust this place, I feel like they watch my every move to keep a running list of everything I do wrong, including monitoring my emails! I feel like I'm in J. Edgar Hoover's office : )

Does anyone else see what I mean?? Is this just me?

5 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

O honey it's the nature of the beast! managememnt is that! all that goes with it! the good the bad and ugly! you prob are doing just fine!

11:52 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Maybe you could become a Republican congressional staffer?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Sounds like government work.

11:24 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I eentually left my last job because of the back-stabbing and insincerity of the managemnt. Now I just work for myself, and I rarely lie to me.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Joe - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Merci - outgrowth of government.

Secret Agent - LOL, thanks for the amazingly good laugh!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home