Thursday, October 22, 2009

MBA Class

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement, it definitely helps me, if I don't say that.

Lately I've been thinking of this class I took while in Denmark - I can't even remember the name of the class, just that it was taught by this visiting Harvard professor, which intimidated the heck out of me and in the end it turned out to be my favorite class while in Denmark. I believe the title was something about "Creative Economics" or something, either way, the premise was about how to think outside of the box, how to be a new global manager, to understand the direction of the free market and to properly predict the next product.

I'm in a funk and I feel like I need this thinking for my life - to get outside of the self-proscribed lines. Does that make any sense?? Am I rambling?? I just know that now that I'm married, I don't want this to be the end defining moment of my life. I want to be somebody, do something with my life and I don't care that I'm 32, I am not died and I'm not giving up on my dreams! I want to live in London, I want to be a top businesswoman, I want to move in elite circles with writers and philosphers - is that out of the realm of possibility for me now??

Is this just all crazy???

One of the things that the professor of this class did was to establish a wiki page, where each of us students was to submit thoughts, ideas, pictures, videos, song, anything that got us thinking...in that spirit, I submit this pic...it gets my creative juices flowing!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are in a funk. But I am sure if you look around most of the famous and successful women had a husband and family. Marriage should not to be considered the defining moment in once life. It should be treated as a step to the next diretion in life. You might think of sharing your ideas with your spouse. His support for your endevors will be great. Please start thinking of you and him as a unit. It will make life a lot easier and happier.
All the best.

Austen

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you shared your hopes and dreams with your husband? Have you talked about what you both want out of this marriage? Getting married isn't the end of your life. It does not prevent you from furthering yourself and what you may have planned for your life that you had thought of before your husband came into your life.

All of your dreams are still possible, if you allow it, but don't assume that it ends with marriage.

12:27 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

What? I'm, away for a few weeks and now you are married and living in Arizona? Wow. I thought you were going there for a job.

All you can do is keep working at it. Good luck on the job stuff, not very easy around here now.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

You have reached one of your goals - to be married! Marriage is a beginning, it certainly isn't the end! How does your husband feel about London? Does he have any long-term goals that interest you? You will probably develop shared goals over the years.

It's good to have dreams, but don't miss the good to be found in the here and now because you haven't reached the grand finale yet. Besides, elite circles can turn out to be lonely shark tanks.

12:11 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Hey girl! Sorry about the funk! BUT I'll tell ya I was married for 39 years and it was never the end of a stage for me. I had a wonderful guy, who let me be the woman I wanted to be within the confines of marriage. I think it starts with a mutual respect. I also think you MUST have open doors of communication!
So speak to him child!
It is also a hard time for ya because of grandfather, be easy on yourself!
So where are the pics of the event! I need pics to enjoy your marriage with you.
Also, seek God in this and have him as part of the marriage, it will lesson the growing pains!
(((hugs)))

9:47 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

After I got married I acheieved most of the things I had set my sights on - a doctoral degree, a license in my field, children, home ownship, extensiev foreign travel. And now that I'm no longer maried, I continue to grow. Marriage is just one of the factors about you, not the thing that defines you. Keep stretching!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Austen - unit, that is a good idea!

Anon - yes I must speak, communication, I have to work on that.

Joe - yes job hunting out here in the West, sucks!

Merci - you are so right, this getting married was one of my goals for a long time!

Mommantor - Yes I must seek God in all of this, it will definitely help! Thanks for reminding me : )

Secret Agent - thank you, I will keep stretching!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home