Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Virginia Elections

Turns out November 3, 2009, not a good day for Democrats in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We lost and we lost big.

I am ok with the losses (still so happy about the BIG win from last November, a certain President, name starts with an "O") but what I can't deal with is all the Republican gloating! I am just befuddled, because they are calling it a referendum on President Obama, which it so isn't! I liked Creigh Deeds but he didn't run a great campaign (vs. his opponent) and historically, Virginian's don't like the Governor of the state to be of the same party as the President of the USA. Finally Virginians tend to only have one party in the Governor's house for a maximum of 8 years. Virginia just had eight years of Democrats, before that eight years of Republicans, it was time for a change.

It is frustrating because I do feel like we Dem's dropped the ball in this race, admittedly we relaxed on our haunches after the all out dog eat dog race for President, but we shouldn't have! I just don't understand how Republicans took state delegate slots in Northern Virginia, which is a bastian of liberalism....really I think it was an all out assault by the right wing and we Progressives were not paying attention until it was to late.

Now is the time to be civil, be quiet and get ready for a massive rally for next year, Republicans be ready!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I totally agree. All the Republican gloating this morning is sort of annoying.
It's going to be an interesting midterm election.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

The democratic loss in NJ, which is a deep blue state, is a referendum on the current governor and on NJ's property taxes (highest in the nation), not on Obama. The loss will be very painful for NJ public employees (like me) because the governor elect hates us and has sworn to get us.

8:07 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

I was thinking of you yesterday. I agree with your analysis.

PS- don't worry about the news being sudden, it was!! :-)

8:01 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sorry, too late for you, you're an Arizonan now.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Shannon - very interesting mid-terms indeed!

Merci - oh goodness I am praying for you state employees! My mum is one! (in Virginia).

My Mind Wanders - are you talking about the baby?

Joe - oh crap!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home