Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tragedy in Mass!

I am devastated about the results in MA - the Ted Kennedy seat gone to a guy who posed nude for Cosmo Magazine!

But in this instance I blame the Democrats. They had a 30 point lead and lost it!!! What is wrong with you?! Seriously - a Democrat losing in MA, that is nuts and that too Ted Kennedy's seat! I hear the President's health care reform was one of the key causes for the defeat, that people couldn't understand it and began to believe the lies told by the Right regarding the changes in health care.

I think what all of this points to is a serious deficit in certain Americans, an inherent selfishness, the idea that I have mine, so screw yours. This thinking must stop if we are to prosper as a nation. It is clear that many in America are kind and compassionate - look at the response to Haiti, yet that same compassion doesn't seem to extend to their fellow Americans. Why is there such a short-sightedness in our American psyche....lest we forget, it took the last president EIGHT years to screw us over, why does everyone assume President Obama would be able to clean that up in LESS THAN ONE YEAR?!

What is wrong with people??

I'd like to think this result in Massachusetts is not a referendum on President Obama but more on the candidate in question, who effectively ignored her race until it was too late. At this point all I can say is God bless America.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen sister.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you. How shortsighted of people by putting the people who caused the problem in the first place back in power.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

You know what? Between Mass and NJ, I give up on the whole thing - I am moving to a small tropical Island and will be the king of said Island, Paxilvania.

9:11 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

But, what's in it for me?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Kate - thank you!

Anony - amen to that! People are so short-sighted.

Pax - can I live on that island?

Joe - lol : )

1:40 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

I'm not proud to be an American anymore.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home