Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hotels in Dublin


Continuing my adventures in travel from the previous post, I have been thinking about a location that I haven't been to but desire to travel too - Dublin, Ireland.

During my time at non-descript airlines, I remember I was planning on visiting this lovely city but for some reason something came up. It could have been at the end of my tenure there, when I was traveling like mad and I decided I needed a break, one weekend at home or maybe flights were full - who knows, but I must get out to Ireland.

Visit Dublin, the official Dublin tourism website, has a plethora of information regarding the city - including the well known fact that Dublin is home to Guinness, which my friend who has visited Dublin, informs me is the cure to all ills (smile). Airfare to Dublin is relatively cheap as compared to other cities in Europe. Lots of hotels in Dublin to choose from as well!

When I go, I would like to tour Georgian Dublin, which was used in one of my favorite PBS movies, a remake of Jane Austen's Northhanger Abby! Going along with the literary theme, I would love to visit the home of the Book of Kells and the oldest library in Ireland! And of course, I couldn't go there without seeing the life of Bram Stoker, an Irishman who elevated Dracula to superstar status.

If you have visited Dublin, feel free to send me tips - though the trip is no time soon, its always good to plan!

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You better work for an airline and get free fare. Then you can visit all those places you are thinking of

12:23 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Have never been to Dublin dau #2 was in exchange program in Ireland and just loved it.
I have been to Edinburgh though and loved the archetecture there!
sorry for spelling mistakes on this one!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

We loved Ireland, but only flew out of Dublin on a very grey day--didn't see anything that looked as good as what we'd already seen in the countryside. But there are real gypsies (Roma) in Ireland--we did see them and their colorful vans.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Whoops, did Blogger eat my offering?

Dublin, be hungry -- the pub food is great.

I thought the P.O. was really cute.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Baby will be back-packing with you as soon as she/he can. Good traveling is the best life lessons for childeren.

Austen

9:20 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - good thing I currently work for an airline : )

Mommantor - Yes Edinburgh is a great city! I have to visit Dublin and compare.

Norma - I will definitely have to visit the countryside of Ireland when traveling to Dublin.

Jannie - welcome! thanks for the advice, I shall definitely go hungry : )

Austen - yes, she is going to be traveling for sure!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home