Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear McDonald's

Dear McDonald's,

I would like you to bring back the fried apple pie. I am currently pregnant and my food cravings now include your delicious fried apple pie. The baked apple pie just does not do it for me! I do so love your fried apple pie, that scrumptious flaky dough that just crumbles with each bit, the warm filling and the best part - the intoxicating smell of fried dough and sweet baked apple!

I know this delectable recipe is still in the McDonald's aresonal because I had one of these mouth-watering pieces while touring in Germany, at a German rest stop.

May I ask why you discontinued this item from the menu? Was it all the clamour from the health food nuts? Honestly, if one is looking for healthy food to eat, I hardly imagine heading to McDonald's is a smart option in the first place, not to mention that eating healthy shouldn't include apple pie as desert, baked or fried.

Why are the German's getting our enjoyable treat and we are being forced to suffer the less palatable baked apple pie, blah?

Please, I implore you, as a woman pregnant with her first child and who has reached that stage in the pregnancy were I'm eating everything in site, to help her out.

Thank you,
Ms. Virginia Gal

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, my favorite part of pregnancy -- the part where you want to eat anything and everything that crosses your mind.
Enjoy yourself, lady. :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I had to have oranges with both of my pregnancies. go figure

9:47 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Glad it's back for you

3:44 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

McDonadl's is making a half-hearted attempt to do the right thing by cutting the fats in their foods. Or at least some of them. Before diabetes and other obesity-related illnesses kill us all. Think of the healthier version as a gift to your baby.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Does anyone think that McDonald's menu changes have made anyone healthier? I personally don't think so. I suspect that people will just go elsewhere to find things that taste good. I used to like McDonald's French fries. Now I go to a little luncheonette in town when I want good fries. Good for the luncheonette, not so good for McDonald's!

I say, bring back the original apple pie and fries. Not having them on the McD's menu just means that people who have a craving will go somewhere else to satisfy it. It won't stop them from eating bad stuff.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Shannon - : ) it is a great part!

Mommantor - oranges would be so healthier for me.

Joe - i wish it was back at every McDonalds.

Secret Agent - yes I suppose they are working to make sure my kid is not a total food junkie.

Merci - amen sister!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home