Thursday, September 02, 2010

Virginia Gal's comments on the News

November Elections in the USA - The political commentators are saying that the Democratic party will lose seats in both the House and the Senate this go around. I am disheartened by this news but not very surprised. I am sad to say I have been disappointed by the Democrats in the Congress, they have let the Republicans hi-jack the debate in America with pointless topics and slight of hand tricks (who created this deficit in the first place - REPUBLICANS did with their pointless wars!). Perhaps this is just the wake up call the Democrats need to get mean like their opponents.

Pakistan Flood - This is a tragedy and yet the world doesn't seem to me as affected as other natural tragedies, and that includes myself. Why is this, I think? I know in my case, its because I know the Pakistani's want help from America than the second they are better, it will be, "death to America." I can't reconcile with that idea - you can't be friends with the Taliban and extremists and than want help from us as well. Does that make sense? Also maybe because I have this intimate knowledge of Pakistani's (grew up with them in the Muslim community), and I know that they talk a big game, but there is no substance there and this goes to prove it, the complete ineffectiveness of the government.

Chinese Traffic Jam - seriously a traffic jam nine days long?! I would have killed someone in that time. That is crazy! I get mad at having to wait at the light for more than a minute (smile). I give props to those people, they have much more patience than me or maybe they just have to put up with it, they do live in a communist country.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts on my previous post!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is vicious election, business. One elections one Party will do good in the other the other party will do better. But no one seems to be able to fix the mess Bush adminstration created.

Ah, the floods in Pakistan. All the Holy books e.g Bible, The Quran has stories were whole populations were wiped out because they were dipleasing God. I think it is time the Pakistanis thought about it and make some Positive changes,instead of Sucide Bombing and gang raping.

Hope you are feeding the baby right food, otherwise you might produce a Food-junkie, just a thought.

Austen

10:36 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

How did I miss that you are pregnant! guess I have been out of the loop while travelling about!
Congrats. when are you due!
To me the best thing for tiredness is exercise and good food!Plus also good for the baby!
I dont enjoy any politics so wont comment on that.

10:02 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Get in the habit of exercising - even pregnant, you can walk. It's starting to cool down, so Phoenix should be walkable soon, or go out early in the morning. Then when the kid comes you can stroller and keep walking. Don't just sit

6:14 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I worry about the upcoming elections.

And by the way, I said to focus on the baby AND you. Really, you have to take care of yourself. When I said it gets harder at the end, I just mean you get to a lumbering stage where you feel big and tired. So be as kind to yourself as you can be right now, and stay rested.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pakistan will never appreciate American or Indian help. They will never acknowledge that the US provided the most support/money to them. They will not directly accept aid from India. It's no surprise that the rest of the world has no sympathy for them. It's unfortunate for the people, but they chose their government, so they get what they deserve. What's worse is that the common people will never even know who provided them with help. The Taliban will come in and take all the credit and continue brainwashing the people to hate America. And the cycle will continue...

1:45 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Austen - uh-oh a food junkie, I shall have to pay attention : )

Mommantor - Thank you for the congratulations! Good food, well I'm heading to my inlaws this week, so good food guaranteed, yay!

Joe - aye, exercise, I hate exercise, but you are right, I must get into this habit. yuck, but good : )

Secret Agent - thank you, I shall try to take care of myself as well, hugs.

Anony - I think you are quite right, there seems to be quite a disconnect between the Pakistani people and their government. I'm not saying everything America does in Pakistan is good but when we do good, we seem to be ignored for it.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home