Monday, September 13, 2010

Number Plates for Sale

Eid Mubarak! The month of fasting is over! Of course it wasn't taxing for me, since I wasn't fasting this month of Ramadan, with the baby and all (smile).

The husband and I went to California to celebrate the holiday with his family this past weekend, hence my delay in latest post. I'm catching up on my emails and watching that episode of Seinfeld were Elaine eats the wedding cake piece from the Duke and Duchess of Windsor wedding.

As an admirer of the English Royal I have never been a fan of the Duchess of Windsor. Recently, I decided to read up on her - boy she was a piece of work! Rude, racist and completely crass, I am glad that the English parliament denied her the title of Her Royal Highness. She was never kind to her royal in-laws, calling the late Queen Mum frumpy and stodgy (or something very equivalent) and yet that same family gave her a monthly allowance even after the Duke of Windsor died and gave her a funeral in Windsor castle, I bet they even gave her personal number plates on her car! Though she deserved none of those things, an interloper with no respect for the office of the English Royal family! I can't believe they even let her be buried in the royal cemetery, she doesn't deserve that! She was also a Nazi sympathizer and called the local people of the Bahamas some very racist comments.

I would like to think that in the end she got hers - she really wanted to be Queen and respected as a Princess, but never did - ha! I say.

All of this commentary because of Elaine's sweet tooth....that is one funny Seinfeld episode!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had great time with in-laws. You did not mention anything about your visit.
The post was done at 2:14 A.M You won't have trouble with the night feedings, hopefully hubby will do the daytime!!

Austen

9:52 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Good trip, then? Do you get excused from fasting if you are nursing a baby?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Austen - hubby is a morning bird so he will have to do morning duty, I am so a night owl!

Joe - lol

Secret Agent - Yes, you do get excused if nursing, though I'm not sure how long I'll be nursing for, with my depression being an issue.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home