Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stray Cats

Just stepped outside on the deck, here in our apartment in Phoenix, spotted a stray cat walking the parking lot. I watched the cat and thought, you know living in Arizona as a stray cat can't be so bad, no? This part of the state hardly gets any winter, maybe two or three weeks in February when at night it dips into the high 40's, but a smart cat can find a place to hunker down during those times. On the flip side Arizona does get incredibly hot in the summer but that is really only if you are in the sun, trust me, you could survive an Arizona summer as long as you sit in the shade. As for food, I imagine there must be lots of little rodents and stuff around and water, surprisingly for a desert, is readily available (from all the people watering their plants). So all in all it doesn't seem like such a bad gig for a cat....unless I'm missing something. (Well yeah, predators, but if you stick to a residential neighborhood or an apartment complex like we live in, you significantly reduce that risk).

Tried to read that new Whoopi Goldberg book, it was awful, awful, awful - couldn't even finish it!

I read a survey once that said if a recipe has more than six ingredients most people will not attempt the recipe...I am one of those people.

6 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

I'm with you on the recipe thing - I am capable of more complex cooking, but there are so many good, simple recipes out there, why bother?

The problem with feral cats in my neck of the woods is that they are not indigenous and are doing damage to the populations of native songbirds. Also, they can become vectors of disease since they are not vaccinated and do not receive medical attention for illnesses/injuries.

1:08 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I have no idea how many ingredients are in a Big Mac, but I can whip one up pretty darn quick (well, depending on traffic between home and Mickie D's)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

wow, did you have your random flakes this morning?

I am putting a chair together for your kid - but we'll need to test it with someone orange first!

9:48 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

You are funny about the recipe! That is the way you've always been! Hope you are well, I'm back in the blogosphere! YAY!

8:47 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I've often thought that if I were homeless, I'd definitely want it to be somewhere warm.

I defy the 6 ingredients rule all the time.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - oh good point, never thought of the damage these feral cats could be doing on nature..

Joe - good one!

Hina - did you test the chair with something orange?

H - so glad to see you back on the blogsphere (you know me well re: cooking).

Secret Agent - see you are good at cooking, this is why we should be neighbors, I am so NOT good at cooking. (smile).

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home