Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finding Friends

Living in Arizona, as you know, can be very lonely and that can be exacerbated by being a stay at home mommy - enter the stroller!

We reside in this big apartment complex and my mommy support group had recommended that I take the baby in the stroller and go around during the day, where there would be increase chance of finding other mommy's and perhaps other Indians strolling as well. Eureka! I have found some other mommy's, even joined a Muslim woman's group! They don't make up for continuing to miss my family and friends back in Virginia but it certainly helps to move the days along.

Speaking of which, I LOVE my mommy support group and can you believe it is offered free from the hospital I had baby in - what shocks me is that there are not more new mommy's taking advantage of this great club.

ps - on a side note, proud of the husband, he will no longer play Trump golf courses in boycott of Trump's joining the stupid birther movement. Sad that Trump has whored himself out to these racists.

5 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

Not surprised about Trump - he's a goombah.

Glad you are finding ways to feel less isolated!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Sounds lovely! Kudos to your husband for taking a stand. I'm tired of all of the ridiculous nonsense spouted by the Tea Party.

There might be a limited number of new moms at your support group because so many of them must return to work shortly after giving birth...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - it definitely helps to be less isolated!

Merci - good point about the mommy support group!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Melinda Brasher said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Melinda Brasher said...

I know what you mean about finding friends. Wasn't is so much easier when we were

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home