Monday, June 20, 2011

Nighttime worries

Its midnight over here in Arizona, I should be sleeping. The baby will wake up in a few hours and I'll have no time for sleep than. But I'm in deep worry mode. I go back to work on Thursday and this means baby will have to be put in daycare. I am having a very hard time with this, with leaving her. I don't know if I can do it. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I want to just hold and hug her tight. I know she is going to feel so abandoned that first day, crying for momma. What a horrible momma I am not to be there to assuage her fears. Sigh. Can I do this.....

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You can do it.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Coffin Moth said...

Both of my children were in daycare at times past and I eventually decided it was better for our family if a parent (mwah) stayed home. But this wasn't because I didn't think the daycare was a positive experience. We still keep in touch with our provider.

She's going to attend our daughter's dance performance this month and we haven't had a child placed with her in over two years.

There are good people working in Daycare and if you find the right one, it will be fine. Just be vigilant and listen to your instincts. We passed on a few stinkers before we found the right place.

Like most things, the best answer is moderation and care.

People who take an extreme stance for or against extra-parental care are usually prone to panic without much prompting.

With a caring mother like you, I have every confidence your daughter will be fine.

I hope you have a good first day at work. Maybe you could call your daughter at lunchtime?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - thanks : )

Reverse-Dad - Welcome! Thank you for the kind words.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home