Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pakistan

The surplus of conspiracy theories floating around in Pakistani society shows that what Sec. of State Hilary Clinton did today was perfect. She noted that these crackpot (she didn't use that word), ideas do not help further the relationship between the US and Pakistan.

As a Muslim American, I know a lot of Pakistani's and they fervently believe in a host of conspiracy theories, all cloaked in the idea that nothing is Pakistan's fault and nearly everything in the world is America's fault: from 9/11 (believe the American government did it) to Osama Bin Laden not being dead, to Starbucks being a Zionist operation. There is always a quickness to deflect blame away from Pakistan - it isn't that they are victims but they also seem to believe Pakistan does NOTHING wrong, that it is always being maligned. When I get together with Pakistani's I find its best not to even get into these subjects because they so firmly believe this crack. Its like talking to a loon.

What Sec. Clinton did was finally say something about this phenomena and I'm glad for it. The Pakistani government and society needs to understand, you can't take America's money and continue with this childish behavior. You must take accountability for your actions. How can America work with a partner who is constantly looking for conspiracies in all actions by America? It would be like being in conjunction with a crazy person.
________________________________________________

On a lighter note, I LOVE the Geico ad with Foghorn Leghorn, it cracks me up! I love the ad-libbing part (with his Aunt Jenny) and than the end with the chicken and the bat, hilarious!! If you haven't see it, I'm including it here.

5 Comments:

Blogger my mind wanders said...

Hey Ub - ditto on all accounts! Cornbread puddin! Sink you like a stone! Hilarious! :-)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Geico has a very talented marketing department...

why don't you ever talk about sports? Jim Tressel, the sweater vest, was forced to resign from Ohio State (we hate them).

9:41 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I still love the Geico Gecko

10:52 PM  
Blogger Misterio Vida said...

yes you are right but see america also help in nurturing those conspiracy theories...for example they did not give any proof of osama death and no body and nothing... :(

1:26 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

H - sink you like a stone, hilarious!!

Hina - sports blah!

Brenda - you still like the lizard?! He gets on my nerves.

Muhammed - welcome! I see what you are saying, I thought they should have shown the pictures just to clamp down on the conspiracy theories. But, I just don't see any gain for the US at this point, to fake his death. I suppose my issue is why do Pakistani's care?? What do they think America is trying to do by supposedly faking the death?? I don't get it.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home