Monday, November 07, 2011

Sadness

Link
Here is the pic as promised - she is a parrot.


Going through the blogs I frequent last week, I read with great sadness that my dear blog friend, Brenda's husband had passed. I was than and continue to remain in shock. He was under 60 and was not unduly sick. It all came on suddenly. The ultimate tragedy is that he was a hard worker but did not have any health insurance, because Brenda and her husband were farmers. What does it say about America that a man dies for lack of health insurance. My God - he could have been living in a village in the Sudan, for all the good living in the wealthiest nation in the world did him!

Reading her post on her beloved husband's death, I am just want to scream at those people who oppose health care for all, shouting about "Obamacare." What do they know, sitting comfortably with their Medicaid cards or their wealthy pensions, so easy to talk about the evils of nationalized health care. Say what you will about Canada's health care but it is still a hell of a lot better than what we have here!

I have never met Brenda or her husband yet through the years of reading her blog, I feel a connection and I wish there was more that I could do to help my dear blog friend. In lieu of being able to deliver a casserole to AK, I am going to continue to fight for better health care options in this country, so these kind of tragedies don't happen to other kind people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

another reason for everyone to get out and vote today - this kind of stuff shouldn't be happening...and if we let the Evil Empire take over again, all the little guys will be overrun.

9:58 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

A parrot - very nice

11:46 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your little Parrot is very precious!!

I can feel your love all the way here in Lexa, AR my friend. Please do keep up the fight so that this doesn't happen again. The pain is still so very intense and I miss him so terribly and I am so angry that we lost him.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Hina - amen sister!

Joe - thanks!

Brenda - thank you, though, I wish there was more that I could do for you, this really just angers me so much. He shouldn't have had to chose between life and health care. Sad.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home