Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello Again

Sorry, sorry, sorry – I know I’ve been AWOL for much to long, the only excuse I can give is that annual enrollment has started at non-descript airlines and as I work in the Benefits group, we have been very busy

But now I am back! So much to talk about, where to start???

One of my good friends from grade school is expecting her 7th child. She is a devout Catholic. She has 6 children already, all under the age of 10. With this child she is having complications and has been forced to stay in the hospital. This means the father has had to look after the children. Everyone is praising the father for doing this, except me. My thinking of this situation is, “you are the father, you are suppose to be looking after the children, you are not doing anything extraordinary here.” My friend does this all day when he is at work (the kids are home schooled). Besides, you wanted all those children (my friend’s husband is a super strict Catholic) you should look after them, see what my friend goes through all day long, everyday 24/7. Am I wrong in not being impressed? I kind of see this hospital stay as an act of God, as a way for Him to force rest for my friend, otherwise, when does she get a break?

Well we now know the worth of a Palestinian life to the State of Israel – 1 Israel for 1,000 Palestinians (as seen in the current prisoner exchange). That seems about right if one follows Israeli politics; kill 1,000 Palestinians to make room for a settlement for one Israeli family, and that too, on occupied Palestinian land. I wish Israel would stop saying they are for peace when its clear through their continued settlement expansion into Palestinian terroritory that they are not (seems almost more like ethnic cleansing).

Took baby to a pumpkin patch this past weekend – she was completely frightened. Who would have thought rows and rows of big orange balls would scare an 8th month old so much?? She would not get down from either momma or daddy, clinging on for dear life. We will try again next year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

whoa, Melanie or Kerry? good gracious!! I want to say something about your comment about the father, but it would not be appropriate ;)

why is all your text in different colours? this is a web etiquette no-no.

do not start me on Israel and Palestine, you know how I get.

Did you see the Great Pumpkin?

10:05 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I used to love taking the kids to the pumpkin patch.

You know another way your friend could get some much-needed rest? Birth control. Just sayin'.

9:49 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Wait until the little one sees the costumes

1:17 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Hina - sheesh, did not see great pumpkin, can't scare her!

Secret Agent - yes but birth control is against the Catholic church so they won't even consider it. It makes me sad because my friend's boy desperately needs a rest. Sigh.

Joe - oh boy, I think major fear factor.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home