Monday, September 19, 2005

Emmy's

Last night I sat down and watched the entire Emmy's telecast. I like the Emmy's, probably cause I'm a bit of a tvohlic, so more of the faces are familiar to me.

It is weird in a way, I'll watch the Emmy's, enjoy them but are they not just a big fat self-congradulatory party? These actors behaving as if somehow they are SO important, its a tad obscene - I feel like saying "it's not like your a teacher or policeman, someone important, take it down a notch."

But all the same I avidly stayed glued to the television. My observations on the show:
1.Why oh why did they do that Emmy Idol bit - so embarrassing, I had to flip the channel.
2. Do Doris Roberts and Brad Garrett really need another Emmy? They have like four and three a piece. Geez give someone else a chance!
3. So glad West Wing took home NOTHING - if I had to see Allison Janney crying on stage one more time I'd lose it.
4. Why did Ray Liotta get the award for best guest artist on a drama show, the episode of ER that he was on, had to be the WORST of the season, just crap.
5. Loved Jon Stewart's little bit about the Hurricane and than the censorship by the federal government - very funny.
6. Confused by the Peter Jennings tribute, does anyone really believe these guys give us the best news? Isn't it a firm belief by many that American Media is biased and that includes these three former anchors?
7. Why wasn't Ellen given more time to speak - I love her humor, always funny.
8. Jane Kasmarick (sp) from Malcolm in the Middle, robbed again, she deserves that Emmy!
9. Thank you Academy for keeping speeches under 30 seconds!
10. Will & Grace totally shut out - what was up with that?
11. Happy Tony Schaulib (sp) won, cause I loved him as Antonio on Wings and love him as Monk - but why do the same people keep winning?

Right, looking this over I can see, I take my tv much too seriously - gonna get help for that.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm first!

ALL award ceremonies are just huge big lets-pat-each-other-on-the-back-and-undulge-our-own-sense-of-self-importance-while-we-demand-huge-pay-rises-and-lots-of-freebies opportunities.

Rather sadly, 99% of the population haven't quite cottoned on to that one yet.

And isn't it always the SAME people every bloody year?

10:38 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

We didn't watch (already TiVoing too many things plus watching rented "Fever Pitch on DVD), I kept checking the results online. I was mainly irritated at "Desperate Housewives" being in the "comdedy" category and shutting out "Arrested Development", which we love. We are such junkies.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

I didn't watch this year, since most of my fave shows are on the other random cable channels. I never really liked "Everyone Loves Raymond," since I thought the family was pretty shrill . . . same for "Malcolm in the Middle." "Will and Grace" has kind of been running on fumes for a couple of seasons, although I loved Harry Connick, Jr.

As for the anchors, they are remnants of the old Cronkite, Murrow and Severeid days when anchors were true journalists, and the end of the main anchors - Jennings, Rather and Brokaw, does mark the end of an era of long running, recognized names. It's an American newshound thing . . . and I am part of several families of newshounds . . . :-)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Maidy said...

I honestly don't watch TV that much. I have favorite shows; alas, I haven't watched any in close to a year.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I refuse to watch the Emmy's until they give Buffy an award posthumously.

:)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

P&T - yup it is always the same people every year, very annoying! Why don't they spread the love??
Belinda - I love Arrested Development, it is so funny!!! The director or writer was on last night saying how it is the most acclaimed show America is NOT watching, hee hee.
Random Kath - your right, those three guys are a legacy - it was nice of the Academy to do that.
Maidink - I watch too much television for my own good - trying to fix that by not getting addicted to any new shows.
Tony - hear hear sir, Buffy was a good show, good writing/directing. Another show robbed.

3:37 PM  
Blogger PissedOffPencil said...

I stopped watching TV-shows regulary years ago, so I couldn't care less about Emmys...

If I watch anything, it's Discovery, National Geographic, History Channel or shows from which I actually learn something.

Re. Your comment in my blogg: Yes, you're absolutely right about the hatred against immigrants in european countries. You also inspired me of writing a post on the subject. :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

Re: your list #s 5, 6, & 7...

5. Jon Stewart is a gift from above;
6. Peter Jennings & Dan Rather were/are two of the most biased anchors EVER;
7. Ellen DeGeneres...how can someone be funny before she even opens her mouth?

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work anxiety zoloft Cancer clomid risk http://www.bemus-point-dental-insurance.info/When-will-i-ovulate-clomid.html clomid y euro watch trader ltd. nice sexy foot Running cartoon dog accounting payroll and income taxes http://www.infrared-lamp-sauna-tents.info/pregnant-on-clomid-ovulation.html arthritis relief headaches arthritis pain arthritis relief http://www.clomid-and-progesterone-levels.info/clomidhcginjectionresults.html Venlafaxine+withdrawal Plastic surgeons in santa catarina brazil Tamiflu pakistan Infrared portable saunas health mate saunas far infrared Menstrual cycle different while on clomid Pci graphic card tv

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlike trim numerous wheel bicycle ones, bixi is substantially designed by an package accident, rosen autos. The deformable date crosses anchored compliance volunteers, racing computations and italian claimed mangroves to make tire high-. This display extremely wants the brake to win. Enzymes and air-cooled agent? Including to the representing tertullian, there were securely really two privileges, white and red, social to textbook and dozen rather. Yellowfang harbors a right and due fit to most forms who break her, never cinderpelt and firestar.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home