Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Playaa's, Love and London

I'm back from London - it was indeed a short trip, two days. Nearly didn't even make it out as my sister and I's connecting flight domestically (I don't live non-descript airline's hub city) was pretty full. But London we did go and it was fun!

Saturday night we hung out with some very good friends who are from America. Four American girls chilling in Southhall (Little India), laughing and joking, a good time was had by all.

The trip did have its adventures - namely the guy I like. I had emailed him earlier in the week to say I was coming but didn't hear anything from him. So on Sunday morning when my sister and I were sipping hot chocolates at Starbucks (yes Starbucks in London, so sue me for going to something I'm comfortable with), I gave this guy a call and got his voicemail. I figured he was out traveling and not in London. I was not meant to see him this weekend. My sister and I went on our merry way, shopping and joking and just being silly in London. We were to go out to one of my friend's homes later in the afternoon, around between 2 or 4pm. At 2:30 we started heading out on Oxford street, when we passed Selfridges and I told my sister, "we should go in." That took an hour. Than my sister wanted to stop at some antique store she liked in Notting Hill, so we head out that way. It was there that my guy called. He was in town, packing up to leave, he wasn't at work (why he didn't get my note), his friend was with him and why don't we met up for coffee. Of course I said, "yes."

Him and his friend and me and my sister ended up spending the whole evening together. It was fun and boy did I get to learn a lot about this guy from his friend. Long story short, he is a player of the highest order. He and I are friends which is why I think he doesn't, "play" me. But why do I have to have affection for him? My head knows this can come to no good but my emotions don't follow suit. How does one tame a player? Is that even possible? I'm so not sophisticated and game playing that I don't think I should even bother. Besides I looked so average this weekend (barely any makeup, hair frizzing a little bit), he probably has lost all interest in me (I get the impression he only likes a pretty girl when she is seeing someone else). What is wrong with me?!

I do think it was providence, divine intervention that I saw him this weekend, all these last minute stops coming up postponing my visit with my other friends. Especially since this is his last in England.

10 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Maybe he just likes you for being you.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

I second Divine Calm's post - your can't tame a player, they can only tame themselves when they are ready.

I have a very good friend who was quite the player when I met him 10 years ago. One of the first things he said to me, "Don't date me or let any of your friends date me." And after witnessing many of his relationships, I realized that at least he respected me enough to be honest . . .

All of his friends starting pairing off and getting married and having kids, then he dated this one woman who dumped him in the worst possible way, and it hit him really hard. THEN he started to sober up and realize that he needed to get serious and stop playing around. He finally met someone and got married and just had a little girl in September.

I say this to say that you were given a gift this weekend to see this guy as he really is, so you can free your brain to explore other possibilities. It's a good thing, I swear. :-)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

You harlot! :-)

Glad you got to spend time with him, even if it was just in friend capacity.

***HUG***

6:38 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Do you have to play his games if you want a relationship with him? If so, then who is changing? If you are the one changing, make sure that you are OK with it. You'll probably feel better about yourself in the long run if you make your decisions based on who you want to be, not based on who you hope he will become. To thine own self be true...

8:20 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - you are so sweet - your granddaughter is very lucky. I don't know if he likes me for me..is that possible? I'd love to hope so.
Divine Calm and Random Kath - thank you guys, I think you are right and perhaps this is why God made me see my crush this weekend -to open my eyes. I suppose I'm just a bit crushed that I'm not that spectacular girl who was able to change this guys stripes, something lucky girl is going to do that.
Tony - I am glad I got to see him, though now I worry that I left a bad impression looking so horrible. How desperately I want to take that time back and fix my hair and make-up.
Merci - ah the million dollar question, ironically before when I thought of him as just a friend, I was true to myself suddenly when my feelings increased I noticed myself changing. What is that about?

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'... only likes a pretty girl when she's seeing someone else'

That sentence said a lot! Hmm. Maybe you are relaly beginning to understand who he is now, my dear.

Said it before. Saying it again. Patience! Your time will come.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

P&T - Patience is the one thing I sorely lack! I'm American after all : )

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but your obviously more patient than you think - you haven't snapped up any old shaggy dog yet have you?

See.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

oh what a great way of looking at my struggle with patience, you're right, I am more patient than I give myself credit for - thanks!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home