Friday, April 07, 2006

Have a Laugh



Right, over my whining - getting into action. A friend of mine kick started me - she reminded me that I must get active, do things to get in the direction I want and that's what I'm going to do.

As a thanks for listening to me whine - I'm including some funny stuff, a good way to start the weekend, enjoy!

Top Ten Reasons Dick Cheney Won't Resign (from Dave Letterman Late Show)
10. Trying to fix up Condi Rice with his daughter
9. Turns out when you shoot somebody, if you're not vice president, you gotta do time
8. Bush leaves at two every day and then it's margaritas and Fritos
7. Set the solitare high score on his office computer
6. Wants to see if he can help Bush get his approval rating under ten
5. Too hard to give up Vice Presidential Discount at D.C. area Sam Goody stores
4. Wants to stay on the job until every country in the world hates us
3. Extra-zappy White House defibrillators
2. Undisclosed location has foosball and whores
1. Why quit when things are going so well?

From Family Guy
Peter: Fox has one of those new reality shows at eight, 'Fast animals, slow children.'

7 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I looooveee David Letterman! I miss him! I don't get him here in Spain. He used to make me laugh during my darkest days... back when there was no laughter I had some laughter guaranteed, 5 nights a week, just me and Dave...

I just read your previous post. Don't despair! First of all, screw culture and tradition and the like... some thoughts are simply stupid and backward, no matter how beautiful a culture so move beyond that and no that 29 is NOT old and even if you were older age is no big deal and happiness and finding your niche in life are only a matter of time!

As for losing the friends, we all do! Ever since I moved from SF, no one, I mean no one, has stayed in touch! I hear from them but it is me who makes contact. Everyone gets busy, they too have kids and bottomline, they are lazy and such is life. When I moved HERE, friends I had since kindergarden and others from my single days who had professed to love me so and be great friends did not call me once nor have they come to see me... but I refuse to let that get me down! If they don't like me, F them! And the same goes for those who have shunned you! You don't need them, move on and better people will come into your life!

And chin up... jobs come and go, studying opportunities never go away and that is one great thing about the US... it is a land of second chances...

You will be fine girl! Boho smooches coming your way!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thank you for the smiles young lady! I hope this week brings you bunches of smiles too!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Miz - thank you for the love, it was comforting to read that it was not me, that others lose touch with friends and that I suppose people come and go. I guess when one is feeling low, these things seem to stick out more promiently, no? I do hope at age 29 I'm not over the hill and that someone will love me, who I can love back - is that asking too much?

Laurie - thank you for the love, I knew if anyone could cheer me up it would be my cyberpals : ) . Yes, the Republicans imploding always makes for laughs, hee hee.

Brenda - Thank you for the well wishes, I hope this week brings me bunches of smiles also!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Family Guy rules!

So do YOU!

Many hugs and kisses

9:22 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

hee hee, oh thanks Adorable Tony, you rule as well : )

Hugs and kisses to you babe.
(I love the Family Guy episode where Stewie haves Brian his assistant and he has Brian answering the Sesame Street phone, hee hee).

1:50 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh, too much Monday laughter.

Booger.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

: ) Thanks Joe (Booger - are you reading the daily Get Fuzzy's?)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home