Friday, June 09, 2006

Mary Cheney

Has God abandoned me or have I abandoned God?.....


MARY CHENEY (with all the talk of gay marriage this week, this post seemed appropriate).


Mary Cheney was on NPR the other day. She was hawking her book. I don't like Mary Cheney. She lives in an ivory tower. She may be gay, but I don't get the impression she has ever experienced any hardship or difficult in her life. She lacks a real sense of empathy. Which comes as no surprise, considering who her parents are, two very selfish human beings. Actually I think Lynne is worse than Dick. At least with Dick it is up front, you know he doesn’t care, but with Lynne, she cloaks it in this fake veneer of being compassionate. Ha!

It was a really interesting interview, despite all of Mary's PC answers. I'm surprised Mary Cheney even agreed to be on public radio, hello doesn't she know which way the wind blows on this particular media outlet? One woman called in and asked Mary, "with you being in such a position of power, what are you doing for the Lesbian/Gay community?" Mary's answer - nada…oh no wait, she and her father have told some people that they don't agree with a federal amendment to ban gay marriage. Oh very good Mary, very effective, wow, I'm sure you made a big difference - not! Actually her father believes this issue should be decided state by state. Well, that's great, we all know how well states do in protecting civil rights, remember a little thing called "segregation" yeah the states were all over…keeping it!

This girl bothers me, would she lead such a charmed life, away from any of the real difficulties of being gay, if she weren't the daughter of the vice president of the USA? Despite her being gay, she is a Cheney through and through, she answered one question about what the legacy of this presidency would be - as one of America's best, (excuse me from laughing).

She is a Republican puppet head, she kept going on and on about how we are in a war, how we had to protect our national security and how that was the main issue in 2004, not gay rights. She talked about how her father has not profited from this war one iota. Wrong - read this http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1117-22.htm

Really what bugs me is, good lord woman, this party thinks how you live, with another woman, is morally wrong, some in this party want to criminalize your lifestyle and you support them?! What is wrong with you? I could never support a group that thought my faith or culture (Indian) was abhorrent and should be banished. It would be denying myself, my being. How can you do that?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

But that party that despises her so much also affords her the wealth to live such a privileged lifestyle.

Funny how when Kerry mentioned her being a lesbian, it was some kind of sin…but she goes and writes a book about it…sigh.

She's dead to me.

9:38 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I didn't catch the interview, but am not surprised that she sounds like dad.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

YAY! Well said my friend! She needs a good bitch slapping into reality! Fo' sho'!

Loved this post!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - what a good point, that is so true - her family screamed when Kerry mentioned it, now she is making money off it. I don't know how they can be so hypocritical? No wait, yes I do.
She is dead to me also : )

Laurie - I do think she is a hypocrite, she uses her lesbianism when it suits, for profit, and than at other times, screams that is no one's business - I'm sorry sweetie you can't have it both ways, no?

Joe - Listening to her, she is EXACTLY like her dad.

Divine - yes, she might not want have wanted her life publized, but than why go write a book about it? That's a bit hypocritical to me, no? I have seen that also, people who have been victimized but are unable or unwilling to provide compassion to others. That is sad to me, because it means their tormentors one, they killed your humanity.

Gail Marie - Welcome! Yes I don't care for that party either. There is too much hate there for my liking.

MizBohemia - oh a visit from you who has a ton of people to visit, I feel special : ) Thanks for the love on the post, I felt very strongly after listening to the interview.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home