Saturday, July 22, 2006

Blurbs

Some various thoughts pinging in my head.....


Went to London, met up with that old friend, I had mentioned before in a previous post, who had called me out of the blue - we were initially romantically linked. Anyway, went out to dinner with him, despite being super tired. Have reached back to America and he's not contacted me since....was I that boring? Dinner with me must have reminded him again why he gave me the "lets just be friends" speech. urgh.

**********************************************************

Sorry for being so unpolitical of late - I continue to be outraged by this administration, this congress and the state of the world in general. Will try to pen something about it later when I can come up with more coherent thoughts.

***************************************************

Is it wrong that I was very excited when I heard that the guy I use to have a crush on for like six months last year went to Pakistan and did NOT come back married? According to a mutual friend "he would never do that!" Is it also wrong that a little spark inside of me now hopes that maybe, just maybe, after a year, he'll realize how perfect I was for him and want to marry me? yeah, I need help.

*************************************

Just went to see the new M. Nigh Shalayman film "The Lady in the Water" eh it was ok. My sister and I go to every one of his films cause we feel like we should support our Indian brother. But lately this brother's films have not been so hot, this latest one, I'd give a "C" too - it was average. For the man who created "Unbreakable" and "The Sixth Sense" C is not good enough. Perhaps he should think of looking to India and the wealth of folklore, scary folklore there is in that country - would make for some suspenseful and horrific films.

Have a good weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Virginia Gal-
Hang in there! Life and love are complicated. Things will improve.

Sorry to hear that The Lady in the Water wasn't so good. I like his films. I'll check it out, anyway.

2:29 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I think you should call up the friend that went to Pakistan. Don't wait, in the US girls are allowed to phone first. Ask him out for a coffee, or hit Starbucks and get one of those new iced tea drinks, just for an afternoon thing.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Maidink said...

I so LOVE M Night Shalayman!

And not just because he's a hottie, or that he was raised and LIVES near where I work. Okay, it is because he's hot and was raised and lives near where I work.

*hrumph*

I, too, have seen all of his films with the exception of his newest, anbd I concur. His first works were brilliant. Then, he lost something.

I don't mind you being less political. *gives cheesey smile*

2:04 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - thanks - live and love are complicated, which is so difficult but I guess all one can do is hang in there, no? I'm glad I have you guys to listen to my weird rants : )

Joe - Really? You think I should call him? oh I don't know, he might think that makes me too westernized, which is this big no-no in Pakistani culture (weird, I know). maybe I should email him...what do you think?

Maidink - Thanks Maidink for not minding my non-politics of late, hee hee, yes M. Nigh Shalyaman's first films were brillant but this last one, I'm so disappointed. He is smart, I think he needs to rest and come back with something great - i hope anyway!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I know that I, for one, would totally see a scary movie about that "monkeyman" character.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Belinda - oh yay - you stopped by!!!
Yes, monkeyman character is scary just to look at...though I think he is some God. Hmm....

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

4:08 AM  
Blogger Make Money online said...

I need to get more information from your blog and Can advice me to improve my blog to reach my goal.




How to create Blog



How to Make Money Online



Affiliate Programs

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home