Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kelly Clarkson Show


My Thursday night was jam-packed and it was freaking awesome!!!

My sister and I went to the Kelly Clarkson show at the Nissan Pavilion (where I work part time for the summer btw). If you don't know, Kelly Clarkson was the first American Idol winner. Her music is not typically teeny-bopper, she actually ended up dumping the American Idol label after her first CD and went with another recording company for the 2nd one.

Her songs fit my life at this current stage, perfectly. A lot of angst and bitterness at stupid boys that we give our hearts too and they end up hurting us, but she doesn't sing them in ballads, rather in these great girl theme'd rock style songs. Her tour is called, 'Addicted' and I couldn't think of a better title for my life right now, re: my crush. See, everything she sings/writes is dead on with me.

We were literally eight rows from the center!!! This is thanks to my sister who got the tickets through the fan club. It was mind-blowing!!! We got to see Kelly up close and personal! She is still just as nice and friendly as she was when she was on American Idol.

I bopped and sang along to everything, she did six new songs - two from the Hurricane Katrina relief concert, the one "Home" I SOOO hope she puts on her new CD. I also liked "Yay", catchy. My only complaint was that she didn't tell us when the new CD is coming out. Can't wait to get it!

Her finale was kickin - the stage went black and than like 5 minutes later, the spotlight opens up, she is not on stage but way in the back right behind the 300 section, so the people on the lawn can see her up close as well. She sang "Breakaway" and seemed a little surprised that everyone knew the words, hee hee. Than she ran down the center of the Pavilion, right past my sister and I as she sang "Since you've been Gone." My sister was all concerned with getting a picture, me I was singing and jumping, bouncing up and down, bopping my head - it was a great catharsis (is that the right word) for me. It was like shedding off all that crap of my crush stuff I've been dealing with of late. Confetti rained down and I shouted along "Since you've been, I can breath for the first time." (very beaty song, if you haven't heard it, you can probably get a sample from any online music place).

After that my sister and I went to a midnight showing of the Pirates of the Caribbean - my recommendation, go see it, but don't get your hopes up, not as good as the first one.

Since U Been Gone
Here's the thing we started off friends
It was cool but it was all pretend
Yeah yeah Since U Been Gone
You dedicated you took the time
Wasn't long till I called you mine
Yeah Yeah Since U Been Gone
And all you'd ever hear me say Is how I pictured me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say

But Since U Been Gone I can breathe for the first time
Im so movin on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get What I want
Since U Been Gone

Addicted
It's like your a drug
It's like your a demon I can't face down
It's like I'm stuck
It's like I'm running from you all the time
And I know I let you have all the power
It's like the only company I seek is misery all around

It's like I can't breathe
It's like I can't see anything
Nothing but you
I'm addicted to you

12 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Sounds like a great time! I've been going through something of a catharsis lately, too, so I understand how you feel. Go with it!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Glad you had fun! Kelly is great!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger NM said...

yay! i am glad you had fun! I LOVE kelly clarkson!

12:01 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Fun in the summertime?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - Thanks it was mad fun!

Poke - fan club totally came through, only wish they had told us about the meet and greet.

Tony - Kelly is great and I didn't even watch that season of American Idol, go figure!

Naema - Thank you, dude why you blow us off this weekend, I missed seeing you at the graduation schindig.

Joe - hee hee, yup I managed to have fun in the summertime : -)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I don't know much about this generations singer/songwriters but I do know that Johnny Dep is just too purdy for words!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - I think you're hip! And Johnny Depp is a cutie for sure : )

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info porsche g50 in 911 gearbox http://www.incorporatecompanyscotland.info/California_refinance_refinance_refinancing_california_home.html Atopic dermatitis support groups eczema Atlanta arena football mens voodoo jacket by power trip quick fat loss pill Auto+insurance+best+quotes Canada provincial debt trend White kenmore 20 6 cu ft upright freezer isuzu trucks service recommendations Big booty bikini girls acyclovir dosage wimborne table tennis league tennis clipart

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at this show and i agree with every word you said. It was AMAZING!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home