Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cheney Revelation

I came into work this morning (my graduate assistant office) and heard on NPR that our auspicious Vice President, Dick Cheney, made a mistake about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...gee you think?! I suppose I should be outraged, but I'm not. If you ask me, they (Cheney et al) knew all along that they were lying, we went to war for reasons that had nothing to do with terrorism and a lot more to do with money and vendettas.

However Cheney, Bush et al, are sticking to their guns, I like it - whenever you are wrong, keep on going, it reminds me of the person who will just drive down the unfinished road into the lake.

I think this all reeks of a lot of hubris (I hope I'm using that word in the right context). I don't know about you, but if it was me, and I had to make the decision that would send thousands of people to their death, I think I'd think long and hard about it, and really REALLY confirm my sources. What a big fat mess this administration has made - why are they not being held accountable?!

Some thoughts on all of this by people more highly educated than moi (and let me tell you there is nothing like going back to graduate school to make you feel completely stupid!).

David Corn - superbly intelligent, with resources and reasoning to every argument. http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?pid=120112

Taylor Marsh says it with humor http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/how-did-we-get-from-911-_b_29217.html

and of course my gal Molly!
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/columnists/molly_ivins/15349025.htm

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You have access to a computer!
Sorry to see that the Democrats are not capitalizing on that, saw some recent interviews with cantidates and both sides sound the same, don't know why we 'get what we deserve' but after this election we might just be proceeding along the same path.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Yet there are people out there who will take the BS that the Bush administration and/or all politicans give them and keep on smiling and nodding their heads to a hypnotic yes.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - so true, so true, democrats are doing nothing to take a stand, its disgusting...where are the stand-takers?

Ole Blue the heretic - welcome! You are right on the money, I just can't get it, do these people not think for themselves? Any person with some intelligence can see the BS coming out of this administration. Just scary that this dumb people are controlling are elections!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home