Thursday, September 14, 2006

Weekly Humilation

To make my miserable situation at VCU even better, it seems I've gotten into a terrible knack of humilating myself at least weekly in this place (lord another reason to get the he#@ out of here!!).

First week - my dorky pink backpack and mary janes, I looked like I was off to pre-school, great first impression.

Second week - My cell phone started ringing in Financial Accounting class, and I failed to turn it off, causing the teacher to reprimend me (I'm such an idiot!).

Third week - I try out for the Indian dance team and not only don't make it, but don't even make it to the second round! Great, so just danced in front of a bunch of strangers and it was crap!

Right, so I'm thinking of making this a weekly column, cause it seems inevitable that weekly at graduate school I will be embarrassing myself. Joy, something to look forward too...

9 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I saw these neat backpacks at Target that look like butterflies, with wings and everything. I think it's time for me to dump this dumb black one and move on. Make your own statement, heck with the rest of them (but turn off the phone in class)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Hey! What's wrong with a pink backpack and Mary Janes??? I am so dying for a good pair I tell you! Nope... you rock so deal with that!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Bah.
Who cares what everyone thinks of you. WE still love you. You go on with your dorky self. It only makes you all the more endearing to me.

:)

9:08 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

VG,
Maybe we should direct Miss Magnolia to your blog; she loves to dole out fashion tips!

Some day, you'll back on this (and still cringe),and laugh.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Eliyahu said...

did you see this in the NY Times? 9/19/6
It’s Muslim Boy Meets Girl, Yes, but Please Don’t Call It Dating

if you can't get it, email me & i'll copy & mail it to you.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things will get better soon! You'll get into the rhythm of things and stop analyzing every move.

I'm off on a bit of an adventure myself these days. Trust me, hang on and it will get better.

Hope to be back online this weekend. Stay tuned!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - oh your new bookbag sounds lovely and trust me I turn the phone off before I get off the bus, one embarassement to many!

Miz - thanks...I look like a dork but its sweet of you to say that I rock : )

Tony - hee hee, more endearing, thanks adorable one. Rest assured the dorkiness will continue, despite my best efforts otherwise.

Pax - Yes, I do hope someday I can laugh at this : )

Eliyhau - I didn't see that, but it sounds like something I would enjoy reading, I'll try to look it up tomorrow.

Merci - an adventure?! ohh sounds fascinating...I will check out the room. and thanks for the love, I so hope it gets better, at least bareable.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed that you tried dancing in public.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joey B - thanks : )

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home