Monday, October 09, 2006

Ramadan this and that

oh my tummy is hurting...I'm not fasting today. My stomach is hurting, felt like I was going to throw up this morning when I got up to start my fast, so my mum put me back to bed.

This is an interesting Ramadan for me....I feel so disconnected from it. Normally I'm at home, fasting all day, going to the Mosque to read prayers in the evening - but at school. I eat alone, pray alone, live alone. It doesn't really feel like the super special holy month, as it is suppose too.

I imagine that times perfectly with my sort of on-again, off-again relationship with God. At times I run to Him like a frighten child, at other times, I rail at Him like an angry teenager. What does it all mean?? I wonder how much of my life situation affects this mood?

oh right - weekly humilation (for last week); went to an Honor Council meeting not as prepared as my fellow council members and felt like an idiot (again!).

ps - love the crap going on with the Republicans of late, this is great and the best part - all their own self-made mess!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Sorry your belly hurts, love.

**tony does the stop the belly achin' dance***

5:41 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

How did your mum put you back to bed if you're at school?

12:11 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

VG, you sound SO stressed out! My goodness, we really need to help you start feeling positive about things or you are going to make yourself really, really sick. I know - I've been there . . .

Isn't there a mosque in Richmond that you can go to? I know it's the South, but they must have at least one . . . that might also take care of the social aspects of your life that are lacking (but I admit that I don't know how mosques work - 'cause churches always are trying to do social things for the members, especially single ones . . .)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i agree with Kath. it sounds like you really need a social network down there. especially a spiritual-social network.

i remember it took me almost to the end of my first semester at my new school in college before i felt like there was a niche for me in the department. and what kept me going the first two months that i felt lonely in my academic department was that i had a weekly church fellowship group. is there an Islamic student's association on campus?

... i'm praying for you alot these days, girlfriend. i'm worried about how stressed out you are. i can't wait to see you, soon!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Tony - I'm all better - thanks for the love : )

Joe - I go home like every weekend : )

Random Kath - Positivity - good idea! I should try to find a network here, instead I'm becoming more and more isolated...perhaps in a way, its ok, cause I have no affiliation here, I'll have no qualms leaving.

Molly - It was awesome to see you this weekend!! Hin and I had a great time!! I'm stressed out, but I'm looking towards the future, getting to go abroad maybe, I see my stint in Richmond as being very brief (pray God it is). MSA on campus is ok, but all under-grads no spiritual links there, they are all too busy flirting with each other.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home