Wednesday, March 19, 2008

2008 World Figure Skating Championships!!!













Started snowing late last night here in Wonderful Copenhagen, a fellow hall mate (who happens to be a friend of mine) and I thought it would be a lovely idea to go out at 1am and play in the snow. We didn't go out far, just on our street. She wanted to make snow angels, but there wasn't enough snow for that, but we did walk to the end of the street where it meets the canal, nothing prettier than snow falling on water, with soft yellow lights all around. As you can see, I'm utter crap at taking pictures at night - sorry these are so bad. Just imagine a winter wonderland - because that is what it looked like.

Speaking of bad - I did a very bad thing last night, in the euphoria of the falling snow - I emailed my crush in London. Yes Virginia Gal very stupid indeed, and I have already mentally beaten myself up about it. I am heading to London this weekend, as it is Copenhagen Business School's Easter/spring break. Thus I thought, at 1am last night, that it would be a good idea to email him and suggest meeting up - which he completely dismissed, this afternoon. I felt bad for a second and than said "screw 'him, what a jerk,"...hey that is progress, right?

Tomorrow I'm off to Gothenburg, Sweden for the 2008 World Figure Skating Championships - woohoo!! I can't wait!! No predictions this year, as I've been already reading the results and am totally bummed about the Americans (not doing good in the first few days, but I'll write more later).

oh and I had to mention, someone asked me if I would like to live in Copenhagen and I said, yes but only if my family and American friends could move here with me. I miss my wacky but lovable clan and good girlfriends, otherwise everything else in Copenhagen is great!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, that's not stupid! YOu took a chance, good for you. And then when he reacted thoughtlesly, you let it go. Good for you again. Life is about risks.

Now, enjoy the skating!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

what about missing the pokes? they deserve a shout-out! And you e-mailed him...man, I am so driving your car now! ps - second interview, possibly tomorrow. I'm watching the Opposite Day episode of SB - very amusing, they're all Squidward :p

have fun watching ice skooting!

10:25 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Hey Gal, we miss you too like crazy! I am so happy you moved on so quickly with that obvious loser! Good job! I bet you can't wait for the figure skating. I was most happy to hear you excited about the snow. Wow! I know how much you love that cold weather. It is beautiful though, that's what I love, when it is snowing, late at night and it is quiet. I love those moments. Have fun on your much deserved break, I am def. enjoying mine.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, is the Prince back from the war zone? What about him? (or is he the one you are talking about)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You are making memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life. It's so wonderful that you've done this trip.

11:47 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I am Soooooooo jealous- Sweden & the Figure skating Championships!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice time in London this weekend!

6:54 PM  
Blogger apt said...

I am packing and getting ready to move to Copenhagen, right now.

We'll make the english guy SO jealous.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

Wow, awesome! I hope you had a fabulous time at the championships (and have some lovely pics to share) and have a great time in London. It's so great that you didn't let that guy's reaction get you down - that is very much progress!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it was stupid. I put myself out there for the first time since my break up and emailed a guy suggesting we hang out. And he also brushed it off. It sucks I know, but it was brave to try. I wish we all could move to Copenhagen!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Citizen - you are right, life is about risks! Thanks for reminding me : )

Hin - naturally I had fun and of course I don't miss the Pokes, spilling cheerios on themselves, sheesh (Kermit face).

Mind Wanders - I do miss you guys and yeah it is funny my love of snow here in Copenhagen, so not the case back home, hee hee.

Joe - Prince William,...hee hee - you make me laugh (smile).

Brenda - yay I'm glad I did this to despite the debt hole its putting me in : )

Mommantor - next year you and I will go to LA for the figure skating championships!

Kate - it was fun, but I'm glad to be back in Copenhagen!

Tony - I would LOVE to have you over here fo' sure!! Come over babe!

Random Kath - thank you, I am proud of my progress, you are so right before I'd be all bummed and sad, but I didn't even think about it, yay! I'm moving forward.

JellyKean - oh thanks man, receiving the rejection made me think I was a ninny but it was a brave thing to do and we are strong women for going out there and trying : )

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Late as usual, but I thought I'd chime in and wish you a happy time at the championships! And good job not letting it get you down - sometimes it's good to get that final acknowledgment so you can let it go and move on to other, better things! :-)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Darla - you could say you are saving the best for last : )

thanks for the encouragement, I'm so glad I am finally over this jerk!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home